Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stella sw 8000\smith gtk

Re: stella sw 8000\smith gtk

Check out Shimano Terez rods from American Legacy. These rods were named best Saltwater rods at Icast and will take some beating. They would be custom made for work with a Stella
    Regards to all Dick

Quote Originally Posted by hooknpull View Post
    what kind of fish will you be chasing? I paired mine with a t curve lucanus 60-200g very nice rod and reel combo. Also i bought a 10000 spool and put 50 and 80lb braid. Make sure it has australian warranty. I bought mine in aus.

These are really top heavy plastic/ light jig rods and are far more versatile than the name suggests. Paired mine with a 4500 Daiwa and would love to put a Stella on it. I like the rod so much I bought a second one to put a Talica 8 on, such a sweet outfit and casts very well for a lever drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevric View Post
    Check out Shimano Terez rods from American Legacy. These rods were named best Saltwater rods at Icast and will take some beating. They would be custom made for work with a Stella
    I have been looking for these rods on the net and in stores and cant seem to find them they must not be in aus yet ??

Hi Jackextracter,
    To the best of my knowledge they are only available overseas. Try contacting Shimano here in Aus for a perhaps predicted release date. Looking at the specs over the range there is something for everyone in the heavier saltwater work arena. Very impressive rod in my opinion, tackletour also have a review on them although i do not have the link for you as i write. I will look into them seriously for my next high end rod purchase.
    Regards to all Dick

Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    These are really top heavy plastic/ light jig rods and are far more versatile than the name suggests. Paired mine with a 4500 Daiwa and would love to put a Stella on it. I like the rod so much I bought a second one to put a Talica 8 on, such a sweet outfit and casts very well for a lever drag.
    i know what you mean. i have the t curve bug. i have 6 different types of t curves and i gotta say there great.. i have a g loomis for snapper with a daiwa caldia 3000 which is a great pair aswell.
    cheers, aaron.