Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rod building weekend

Rod building weekend

I’m toying with the idea of organizing another rod building weekend. I know heaps of people are itching to do one so let’s have a show of hands? Like every other weekend we have conducted there will be a small fee to cover lunch tea and Coffey each day.
    Now this is idea is in its absolute infancy so don’t get to excited.

Stu

Re: Rod building weekend

I will be in this

Pinhead has offered his house for the rod building weekend. Pinhead has always offered his house for the weekends which is very generous. So at this stage it’s just a matter of making a date in around a month’s time.

Stu

MOds, can we make a sticky please?

Stu

i,m in
    good on ya sue and greg[ geez you guys dont learn do ya]
    wheres ROZ????

I'd be in, built the odd surf rod but they were pretty ordinary in the looks department..... Been toying with the idea of building a rod lathe for a while and having a bit of a go at it.

Mark

Im working on dates and number at present and will have to work in the Greg and Sue.

Stu

Please add me to the very interested list .
    Thanks
    Peter
    Searaider 2

If my boss can give me time off work!!!
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

I'll be in, date dependant.
    Adam

At this stage we are looking at the 4th and 5th of December. There will be a maximum of 15 people for the two days so it’s a first in best Drest. Send me a PM if you are defiantly coming, any of those that get in late can still get on the list if any one cancels. There will be a small token fee to cover the meat and snags for the barby along with some grog to keep as all laughing. The day will start 8.30 am and go till 4 pm in the arvo each day. If you can bring a lathe or two that would be a great help. Things you will need to bring are as follows. Will advise on address.

Razor blades
    Thread
    Guides and tip
    Reel seat
    Fore and rear grips
    Butt cap
    Old rod
    New blank
    Epoxy for coating
    Glue “24 Hour and NOT 5 minute”
    Thinners
    Old rags
    Nail clipper “You will see on the day”
    masking tape

some $'s for lunch etc.

Stu
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 13-10-2010 at 05:21 PM.

The addresse is 4 Ballinderry Street Everton Park. The small fee to cover everything will be $7 this includes the grog, coffee and tea and a bbq each day. You will also need to bring a chair because there simply wont be enough to go round. It will be a great weekend for all and you will learn heaps. Many thanks goes to Greg and sue for putting up with us for the weekend yet again.

Stu

Geday Stuart / Pinhead ( Greg ) ,
    Unfortunately I'm out as the dates clash with another Xmas breakup.
    Thanks
    Peter
    Searaider 2

Thanks Stuart/Greg in advance, the $7 fee doesn't seem anywhere near enough........

Mark

I have no luck with these rod days. Missed the last one due to wife's Bday, this one clashes with my boy's 1st birthday. Maybe next time.

Thanks to all who are offering there time anyway.

Adam