Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rod building weekend

Re: Rod building weekend

Stu, count me in maybe even Reuben.
    Graham

well, at this point in time, i must say that i,m very peeved, as i think im going to miss this event.
    due to ongoing injury to my back i will have to miss this gathering
    i was so looking forward to it, i had organised some great stuff from the states .
    but my loss someones gain
    to those who want to learn stu ,roz and graham are great .cheers guys
    ian
    ps if you need another lathe for the w/end just let me know

I have not been to one yet but only asked a few weeks ago if these were still held.Please count me in if there is still room.I will bring along all my questions,someone will sure be sick of me asking so many.

So far we have 6 people confirmed and have 9 spots left to fill.

2DKnBJ
    Trymyluck
    Beast1965
    Breamreaper
    Grave41 and son

Stu

If these are the rods that are going to the kids/charity etc I would like to contribute. I wont be able to attend but have plenty of old rods to donate for bits and pieces etc. I`m at 4017 if anyone wishes to drop by and pick up the gear. just pm me. Thanks Andrew

I'll go I suppose.
    There's always got to be at least one loser for everyone to poke fun at.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    I'll go I suppose.

lol

god i love that

I'll go I suppose.

This will confuse them, 2 of us to poke fun at...

So whats thw go on the weekend, are we all going to build a rod each or are we going to get to sit back, drink piss and watch one of the masters at work.................... My main desire is to learn enough to build a decent surf rod that not only performs but looks pretty.........My last one did not look pretty. But for the weekend i'd be happy to do a offshore heavy spin/bait rod, so if anyone has some suggestions as far as blanks that would suit I'm all ears......

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sid_fishes View Post
    lol

god i love that
    Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    This will confuse them, 2 of us to poke fun at...
    Oh crap. Another typo.
    I meant to type.... There's always got to be at least one loser for everyone to poke fun at...... and I cannot see Lucky Phil's name on the list??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Mark,

if as per the previous years, you each build a rod of your choice..the first year someone built a rod that resembled a cran jib..but it did look good at the end...I don't remember who that was, do you Ian ???

Stuart will be the one to tell you what he has planned..he runs the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_gutz View Post
    If these are the rods that are going to the kids/charity etc I would like to contribute. I wont be able to attend but have plenty of old rods to donate for bits and pieces etc. I`m at 4017 if anyone wishes to drop by and pick up the gear. just pm me. Thanks Andrew
    No Andrew, this weekend is for rod building.

The weekend is for those that want to learn to build a rod from scratch from a professional rod builder ( Stuart ) and also for those that want to upgrade or refresh their skills.

I will however keep in mind the great offer and when that Rod Repair Day comes around, I'll post up the details and we can sort those spare rods. Thanks.

I will be at the rod building weekend, of course. Did someone mention beer ?

Cheers Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 12-10-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Got room for 1 more? Can't make both days but would love to squeeze in for one of them.

Cheers
    Dave Boyle

Sorry guys, I should have posted in a bit more detail in relation to the rod building repair side of things? If you have an old rod you want repaired then bring it along with the replacement parts and we will take it apart and re do it the correct way. If you want a new rod built then bring the blanks, reel seat, grips, thread and guides along and I will assist you in assembling it. You will need to bring the gear I mentioned at the start regards glue thinners and everything else.

Stu

can everyone please bring a chair also..will save me from hiring them this time around.