Thread: New Prop, Great Service

New Prop, Great Service

G'day

Just wanting to relay an experience I had, a good news story.

I was chasing a particular prop for my thundercat, a 4 blade stainless. There is only one manufacturer that I could find that did one in the size and configuration I was chasing. This was Powertech.

Long story short, After researching the Powertech website, I found the aussie suppliers, rang them and none in stock... and trade price to me (i'm in the industry) would be about $720ish delivered... and the wait from the US.

I found www.americanprop.biz through a bit of a google. These guys have a massive inventory with many brands and configurations stocked.

I shot off a few emails that were returned incredibly quick.... within 10-15mins. I requested a price and was shocked. Price delivered was $396 AUD using USPS with tracking. Upon confirming the order the seller phoned me on my mobile to confirm everything... pretty bloody good I think.

The prop arrived today... a whole 7 working days after the order was placed and paid for.

Happy and just cannot wait to try it out!

Dave

Re: New Prop, Great Service

Good onya Dave thats good news.Sure beats buying a Solas locally.Makes you wonder how many holiday houses have been paid for at those local Solas prices.

Steeler

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

G'day

I see what you mean, I do have a few solas props and they have been good to me, they just didn't have the configuration I wanted...and glad they didn't!

Dave

Dave shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Hey Dave, Cheers for the post. I am looking to play with my prop on the new Yami 300 V6. I get a bit of cavitation and want more bitey holeshot and more top end. I am currently running a 17 pitch Yamaha prop but I believe there is better out there. I was quoted $800 from Solas here and discovered this website does it for heaps cheaper. Thanks for the pointing out.

G'day

Welcome Marty,

Sorry Garry

Dave

Good to hear that the service from those guys has remained high. I bought a prop from them about a year ago. Cost me $420 AUD delivered and was here in 4 days.

Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

I might give solas here the opportunity to price match.

If they price match only expect half a prop

Steeler

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I picked up a new 17" Enertia from a Mercury Dealer in the USA for A$495 including air freight and insurance a couple of years ago. The quote here was...

...wait for it...

$1,200.

Dealer here said he couldn't buy it for that price, so I told him to start sourcing his parts direct from the web. Poor sod went broke instead.
    Guess who got the deal?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.