Thread: Boondoomah or Bjelke ???

Boondoomah or Bjelke ???

G'day guys,
    with under 3 weeks untill I leave (19 sleeps) just wondering if anyone has heard how these dams are fishing ?? I will be staying at proston for 2 days before heading to Awoonga & I see that Boondooma has been overflowing !! Does this lessen the chance of getting onto a bass ?? Do bass head for the sea when dams are spilling over . With Barambah being 50 odd % full would this be a better option So many questions !! But to a virgin Bass fisho ,I need all the help I can get !!
    Any help would be appreciated
    cheers AL

Re: Boondoomah or Bjelke ???

hey AL,boondooma is fishing slow as the water is really dirty and full,they have put the red bouys quite a way out from the wall i hear as the water was flowing well over the wall last week ,the basstastic comp was moved because of this hope this helps a bit cheers AL

Al,the fishing was starting to pick up when we were there,then they had more influx resulting in the dam going over.The water was very dirty when we left,logs and weed and allsorts floating around.Bjelke might be the better bet at present,be lure only as I'm pretty sure theres no shrimp.
    Paulo

Al Caina is fishing good.....but lots of little fish that go quite hard.. You should have a ball, Fished it the last two weeks with well over 100 bass caught

Thanks Fellas
    We are booked in at Proston ,so we'll probably stick to the original plan & fish Boondoomah & maybe Bjelke . I wouldn't have minded fishing cania but when I heard about the fish kill I changed the plans Either way after 17 hours of solid driving I reckon I'll be happy to get on any stretch of water.2 days there & then on to Awoonga & try to learn about the new lake Only 15 sleeps !!!!

cheers AL

Thought I'd bump this back up & see if there's any fresh news !!!!
    Just over a week before we leave & we're startin to get a bit toey
    Sounds like it has'nt stopped raining up there Any help will be appreciated to us novices
    cheers AL

Yes some parts have had up to 200mm Caina and Awoonga not a drop...So far
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Yes some parts have had up to 200mm Caina and Awoonga not a drop...So far
    Thanks Trev
    Hows Awoonga fishing mate ???
    We'll be there from the 23rd til the 29th & it sounds like it's gunna be a whole new learning curb .
    cheers AL

I'd give Boondooma a miss and try Bjelke if I were you. You might not want to hear it but Boondooma has been very tough for months, very dirty too. Like Warrior said, Basstasstic moved their comp to Somerset because the bass fishing was so bad, and they did this a few weeks ago before all the rain we had this week. I recon it will struggle for the next few months. Bjelke isn't going great but the newly flooded ground could be ok, it's gone from around 40% to 68% in the last couple of months and covered ground that hasn't been wet for over 5 years.
    Better options would be Borumba, Somerset or Cania but as you say you're staying at Proston.
    Cheers