Thread: underwater movie camera help

underwater movie camera help

My young bloke has been working diveing up north for a couple of months,and he wants me to get a small quality movie camera and case, He keeps telling me about all this exciteing stuff he is seeing and wants to show me some ,
    As I know nothing about the subject I would like to know a quality fairly robust camera that would be good to around 40 meters.

requirements
    I guess easy to use, (point and shoot)
    robust ( he is tough on gear)
    small size (easy to carry while working)
    value for money
    ta guys

Re: underwater movie camera help

Hey Mate,
    heaps of options, just depends on the money you want to spend, if you want good Q, photos and vid, the canon G11 is worth a look, deffinatly shop around, you can pick one up with a housing for around the $700 mark, very easy to use, and a good all round camera. The housing is rated to 40m.
    Just one point, any underwater housing you need to be carefull with, there are not many bullet proof ones around

I've got a G11 myself and while it's a great stills camera it has very poor video capability. It is regarded as the best reasonably priced underwater camera so if video isn't a must it'd have to be at the top of your list.

check out the company "sea optics" They are the bast for digital u/w video and still sales. If you want a second hand one I have a sony digital 8 camera with and ikelite housing and ir pro lens (for true picture colour). Good for beginners as you can see through the housing for any leaks. I think the depth range is either 40 or 60 meters. email me if you are interested.

What you want is the ContourHD 1080p - it is the worlds smallerst and wearabilist video camera it slides and locks on a series of mounts on your goggles- down to 30 metres. Distribuotr is Black Pheonix Films - 0249330428 camera retails fr 499 and the housing in 70 bucks- great camera

Most recent tests have said that the video quality of the GoPro HD Hero series is hard to beat.

I've got the HD Motorsports kit and I was simply shocked by how good the video actually is compared to my earlier camera, I'd suggest the diving case for your usage (comes with the surf kit). I bought one for use in the boat as well.

The casing is rated to 60 metres and is often used in very full on environments like commercial photography of surfing/offshore racing competitions.

With the HD GoPro Hero you don't just get one camera, you get a whole system of accessories that enable it to be used for just about any mobile video photography you want or need.

http://www.goprocamera.com/

| Savage Kestral with Evinrude 9.9 --> Stacer 3.9 with Yamaha 15 --> Polycraft 4.55 CC with Honda 50 --> Ally Craft Reel Mate 4.25 with Yamaha 3 cylinder 30 horse --> Hmmm what next? |

those cameras look the goods iam thinking of getting a GoPro soon.