Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another good day on reef

Another good day on reef

Couldn't believe my luck after bashing my way out there to hav so much life everywhere we went just 1 of those days where nothing but the wind goes wrong

Re: Another good day on reef

Awesome work D river, that tuskie is a ripper.
    Boys have some fish cleaning to do!
    Cheers.

awesome work mate. How deep do you dive??

Mate the deepest I got the other day was around 15m cause I still fighting a head cold but I often get to 20m and 25m is my best but thats really pushing it for me hell 20 m is really pushing it for me. Lets see how I go over the next couple of days now this head cold seems to be easing up

Thats an awesome effort
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

very good haul. How big was that Blue Spot trout?

I'm guessing if you are in QLD there were more than four of you in the boat...

Quality fish!!!...is that a tuskie or a baldy chin???...good to see the reef jacks in that spread...eating like kings for a while

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Its a tuski was 3 of us thats all I take out on my little 5.2m boat n not sure how big the trout was as I forgot to measure or weigh him before filleting it.

hmmmm only 3 of you and more than 7 trout each?

Not good form mate.

Its sweet mate I do take my daughter out with us I just dont count her as crew as i still dont trust her to shoot a gun yet but she gets counted when ever bag limits are a concern so we were still a few short of what I'd hoped to get.

Quote Originally Posted by D river View Post
    Its sweet mate I do take my daughter out with us I just dont count her as crew as i still dont trust her to shoot a gun yet but she gets counted when ever bag limits are a concern so we were still a few short of what I'd hoped to get.
    Just curious, what are the regulations about counting a person that didn't catch fish when dividing the quota.
    Was watching a program on TV where the fishing inspectors charged a person for having more than was allowed for one person, he said it was being divided with the other people with him, but the inspector had been watching and knew none of the others had caught any.
    That was New Zealand and they were collecting abalone. Just wondering how it relates to Queensland. Under normal situations it would be hard to prove, but with spearfishing it is easier to see who was diving.

Quote Originally Posted by Defore View Post
    Just curious, what are the regulations about counting a person that didn't catch fish when dividing the quota.
    Was watching a program on TV where the fishing inspectors charged a person for having more than was allowed for one person, he said it was being divided with the other people with him, but the inspector had been watching and knew none of the others had caught any.
    That was New Zealand and they were collecting abalone. Just wondering how it relates to Queensland. Under normal situations it would be hard to prove, but with spearfishing it is easier to see who was diving.

Officially there is no provision that non-fishers cannot be counted into the limits. however it is generally accepted that if a person is not fishing or is incapable of fishing then they can't be included to make up numbers. Relates back to the old crabbing regs, kids under whatever age it was, weren't allowed to have their own pots becasue it was deemed they were 'incapable' of setting, pulling the pots and sorting the crabs, but if on board they were allowed to be included in possession limits, that is they were still entitled to take their 10 muddies. Bit of a hypocrisy.

Not that i am going to tell people what they should/shouldn't do, but i don't have a rpoblem with what D has done as he is perfectly within the law to do so.

I don't have a problem with it either. My previous post was because D said there was only 3 people, not 4. It's all good.

It's good I wasn't having a shot at anybody, rather just answering the quoted question, but also presenting the other side of the coin to remain swiss ie neutral