Thread: Copeton Yella's

Copeton Yella's

Took the missus out to Copeton this arvo ,, first trip since all the rain , looks great up to 21% from 6%..

Caught 5 fish allup in 3 hrs & lost a couple of others,,, I caught 4 fish from 43 to 47cm but the missus cleaned me up with a 64cm monster which gave her a hell of a fight & christened her new rod..

The Australian Yellowbelly Championships were on at Copeton this weekend & i bet some of the fellas would have loved to have landed that one...

Cheers Baz

Re: Copeton Yella's

nice yellas and good to see the rise in water

Geez, a 64cm Yella, now thats a nice fish!

I've only ever fished it the once but I ended up catching a 60cm model as well. I thought I had done pretty well but obviously there are much bigger ones in there still waiting to be caught.

Any idea what size the Yellas in Copeton can grow to?

Cheers,
    Roo.

awesome report Baz, thats a cracker yella!
    cant wait for summer ey!
    Cheers,

Ben

Niiiiiiice! That yella would be good in the Pirkek Challenge too Baz!
    Yay to the missus...tee hee

Gday Roo,,, Mate not sure how big they get but a mate was walking the banks on the same day & caught 4 yellas one of them was 66cm...Found out that the biggest caught in the comp was 63cm...

Hi Ben summer fishing out here should be unreal with the good water inflow..

Good one Cindy the missus dosn't need any yays shes giving me enough stick about it now..

Cheers Baz

Gday baz , towelled up by mum ey . Nice fish all the same , still a few clouds in the back ground you blokes will start to grow webbed feet soon .
    wamjam

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    Gday baz , towelled up by mum ey . Nice fish all the same , still a few clouds in the back ground you blokes will start to grow webbed feet soon .
    wamjam
    Gday Scott, Mate she does it every bloody time, & this weather is giving me the s#@*s supposed to have showers the next 6days ( not real good for concreting)..The misses wants to know where you are now...

Cheers Baz

We're in Townsville mate . Been to the Cape , Lakefeild NP , Daintree , Caines and on the p#ss with a mate in Kuramine beech for a week that hurt .
    Might hang around here for a bit I think .
    catch you later mate wamjam

Nice yella's barry.

Can you please tell what lure is that that your mrs got the yella on?

Cheers

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Copeton Catcher View Post
    Nice yella's barry.

Can you please tell what lure is that that your mrs got the yella on?

Cheers

Phil
    Gday Phil, Mate that is a Shakespear Midi S, in a olive green colour with moroon flanks,,They used to make a Big S Which was one of the best Cod lures out for the river but not anymore worse luck & the snags have taken all my good one's..
    They still make the Midi S & Mini S..

Cheers Baz

con grats barry nice results ,i know how you feel with the litle lady towelling you up it not too often i can beat mine on the water dont know what they do but its done toooooo often to be ar..e