Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G dates etc.

Re: 2011 Agnes Water / 1770 M & G dates etc.

Newby,

You have one hectic schedule, were do you find the time to work..................
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Newby,

You have one hectic schedule, were do you find the time to work..................
    Go back and check out what time of the day/night I am normally posting.
    I often get up at 2 or 3 in a morning and do work so I can have some sort of lifestyle away from the business.
    Believe me, I work.
    How many phone calls do you reckon I get a day when I am "on leave" and have to handle?
    M&G's same thing...Ask anyone who has been out with me on the boat. I still take the calls.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Go back and check out what time of the day/night I am normally posting.
    I often get up at 2 or 3 in a morning and do work so I can have some sort of lifestyle away from the business.
    Believe me, I work.
    How many phone calls do you reckon I get a day when I am "on leave" and have to handle?
    M&G's same thing...Ask anyone who has been out with me on the boat. I still take the calls.
    Now your making me feel guilty , just make sure you don't burn the candle to long at both ends as you soon run out of wax.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

don't feel guilty Bruce,,,, Newbs just took the bait and ran with it like a big Dollie !

All those calls he gets while on fishing trips is from his stock broker, sell this, buy that, oh shit, I only made 100K on that stock, damn :p

I think Newbs needs to train up a good manager ....

At least he didn;t have to return to Brisbane TWICE in a week during an M & G a couple of years ago.

LP.

Bait out and hook about to be set !!!!!!!
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    don't feel guilty Bruce,,,, Newbs just took the bait and ran with it like a big Dollie !

All those calls he gets while on fishing trips is from his stock broker, sell this, buy that, oh shit, I only made 100K on that stock, damn :p

I think Newbs needs to train up a good manager ....

At least he didn;t have to return to Brisbane TWICE in a week during an M & G a couple of years ago.

LP.

Bait out and hook about to be set !!!!!!!
    STOCK BROKER??? Like I would trust ANYONE with my money accept me mate.....
    Bruce, stay guilty bud. I work my arse off and PHIL, FYI I have hired 2 managers. They will be here mid November. 2011 should be a great year... DESPITE LABOR who will be ousted anyway...
    Bring it on
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Nah, I'm over it already Newbs......................

Gees Bruce...that was quick....
    Wheres my sympathy?
    Bloody hell. Even the sympathy is short changed under a labor gvt
    NEWBY T.G.

WAKE UP M&Gers
    NEWBY T.G.

How many more sleeps?
    NEWBY T.G.

To many bloody sleeps

Don't know about you lot, but in NSW rain is forcast to go through to (depending on who you believe) January or May

Being a retired farmer, I always thought that you shouldn't knock the rain as there are plenty of Dry spells inbetween, but JESUS, haven't we had enough

Rob T

There is definitely more to come RT.

This current La Nina weather pattern will hold and copious amounts of precipitation will descend from the heavens bringing generous floods of nutrients from inland rivers to the reef systems of our great coastline.

Funny thing though, along with the nutrients, abundant heavy metals and pollutants will also flow. Mother nature needs to sift out the craap and indulge herself with the goodness from the clouds.

La Niņa translates from Spanish as "the girl-child". The term "La Niņa" has recently become the conventional meteorological label for the opposite of the better known El Niņo.
    The term La Niņa refers to the extensive cooling of the central and eastern Pacific Ocean. In Australia (particularly eastern Australia), La Niņa events are associated with increased probability of wetter conditions.
    Changes to the atmosphere and ocean circulation during La Niņa events include:
    • Cooler than normal ocean temperatures across the central and eastern tropical Pacific Ocean.
    • Increased convection or cloudiness over tropical Australia, Papua New-Guinea, and Indonesia.
    • Stronger than normal (easterly) trade winds across the Pacific Ocean (but not necessarily in the Australian region).
    • High (positive) values of the SOI (Southern Oscillation Index).
    A La Niņa event is sometimes called an anti-ENSO (anti-El Niņo-Southern Oscillation) event.

In short, what this means is next years M & G will be a Fish-A-Thon.

And for those that really want to know...........................

It is 309 days from now until the start day of the M & G,

Or 10 months, 5 days

Alternative time units

309 days can be converted to one of these units:
    • 26,697,600 seconds
    • 444,960 minutes
    • 7416 hours
    • 44 weeks (rounded down)

LP.

thanks for the update on the count down phil, converting the countdown into mins and seconds must mean your a busy bloke and it is fine for the wind to blow the freckle out of everything for the next month as I am waiting for the missus to drop another ankle biter . Once the baby and missus settles down it's "1770 HERE I COME" So when I get out I expect everyone to give me there reddie spots so I can check and see if they are still there what?? i'm only doing it to help you blokes out cause thats the type of bloke I am

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

NEWS just in.

Due to an unprecedented demand for quality foods, the 2011 AF 1770 M & G " Gladstone Motorworld " Cook-Off will be a " Finger Food Affair".

What this means is that ALL ( no exceptions ) food presented must be able to be picked up from a serving plate, placed into orifice and devoured by one hand ( ie:- two fingers or one finger and a thumb ). Also not needing the other hand to wipe sauce, crumbs and other condiments from parts of face that Finger Food did not enter.

This diversion from the norm has been brought about by the necessitation to hold an alcoholic drink in one hand at all times during the course of the Cook-Off.

Also, from previous years efforts by thedeckie ( aka Paul ) with his " to die for " Sara Lee spring rolls and meat balls as well as 2010's murf ( aka Paul ) Beer Battered Spanish mack offering.

So dear entrants, think long and hard about your entry.

Wholemeal crackers with Avocado and Salmon, topped with a Fennel and Ginger sprinkle ???? maybe

Fresh boiled Vietnamese rice and spinach rolls ????

Prawn, Pineapple, mussel and rockmelon kebabs ??????

4 and 20 Party Pies ??????????????

Bruschetta....made with grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and may include toppings of spicy red peppers, tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, and or Mozzorella cheese

or whatever ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

MORE NEWS...........

we will hopefully have a surprize judge. no clues, but believe me they know their food and will be clinical in their assessment of all entries.

Cheers Phill

jatz & vegimite?

Rob T

Tranter..... it's VEGEMITE....

stop posting when ya drinking !!!

LP