Thread: Alvey drag washers

Alvey drag washers

Just cleaning up some reels getting ready for fraser triip and noticed drag washer on one of my alveys is buggered..... where can you get em from and how much would you expect to pay?

Re: Alvey drag washers

Try Mossops at Wooloongabba they may be able to help.
    Mossops Tackle Shop

Address: 47 Balaclava St Woolloongabba QLD 4102
    Phone: 3391-3065
    Email: info@mossops.com.au

Mate just about any good bait and tackel shop should have them.
    I wouldnt think they would cost much at all couple of $ tops.
    Worth every penny, theirs nothing worse than your drag locking up when your on to a good one.

The above should have them but if they dont, and seeing there only a fibre washer any super cheap or repco stores will have them.

You can buy small parts from Alvey direct. Call them, they'd have them in stock almost certainly.
    Also, if you are around Coorparoo area, try Tackle Warehouse, they normally keep a few types in stock.

As an indication of price, i got a full teflon drag upgrade set for $9, so the fibre washers wont set you back much at all. They are likely to have them at most tackle shops, but ring alvey if you cant find any.

I took an alvey into mossops couple of weeks ago and they took it to bits, upgraded washers and cleaned it up for $25. good value i thought

Quote Originally Posted by rockfisho View Post
    As an indication of price, i got a full teflon drag upgrade set for $9, so the fibre washers wont set you back much at all. They are likely to have them at most tackle shops, but ring alvey if you cant find any.
    That sounds like great idea actually. Have a 500c1 and 650C5 that are a few years old now. Washers are OK but teflon would be better in the long term I think.