Thread: Can u take lures/ jig heads on Jetsar Flights

Can u take lures/ jig heads on Jetsar Flights

Does anyone know if you can take lures and jig heads in your store away (not carry on) luggage. I have stocked up a bit and have to catch a flight home ths arv and dont want to lose all my precious sebiles and rapalas

Re: Can u take lures/ jig heads on Jetsar Flights

If in doubt put them in the post. I cant see a problem though, I have carried lures, hooks, knives etc in checked in luggage.

There shouldn't be a drama ...... old mate just flew back with all his gear after a weeks fishing.
    If it was carry on - forget it

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yep definitely no problem in your checked luggage. Definitely not in ya carry on.

Just wrap them in an old shirt or something to protect them, the bag snatchers can be a bit rough at times.

Cheers,
    Myles

they have to be in the big bag. You can take your reels in your carryon bag but make sure that there is no hooks because they check it. Have a safe flight. Aaron

Thanks Boys

They can be a bit tough and at times a bit strange, I just came back Jetstar, anything sharp, like lures and knives (and fishing line) and stuff MUST be in the cargo luggage, not carry on, anything longer than 1.9M will not be allowed, AT ALL, I had a drama last week with a belt in my carry on, they said I had to pack it in my other bag or put it on! I just put it around my waiste and everyone was happy, how crazy is that?

I've never had a problem with lures/knives etc in the cargo luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    They can be a bit tough and at times a bit strange, I just came back Jetstar, anything sharp, like lures and knives (and fishing line) and stuff MUST be in the cargo luggage, not carry on, anything longer than 1.9M will not be allowed, AT ALL, I had a drama last week with a belt in my carry on, they said I had to pack it in my other bag or put it on! I just put it around my waiste and everyone was happy, how crazy is that?
    I can picture it now - Crazy punk rocker
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

even if there was a problem couldnt you ditch the trebles bit hard with jig heads but