Thread: bass in the brissy river!

bass in the brissy river!

hey guys im very interested in chasing bass in the brisbane river. love chasing them in the dam but would like to have a go at them in more of a river setting. i was just after some information on what area of the river holds fish where it is possible to launch from?

any info would be great!
    cheers

Re: bass in the brissy river!

Check out Fitzy's website (sweetwater) there's info there http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/BrisBass.htm

Basically form the launching area below Wivenhoe Dam to the no go area upstream of Mount Crosby Weir. Some great water there.

Have a look on google maps to find out access points. The pool upstream of Twin Bridges could be a good start. Easy launching for canoes and yaks.

Luc

There hasn't been many caught for a while, but that should change now that they are releasing water from Wivenhoe.

The river has been fishing very well since opening day. Launching is easiest at twin bridges just out of Fernvale. You can launch upstream from the low bridge and paddle up and fish back. If it's a boat, that is you best access point. Watch for the shallow water and logs though. Yakkin, you can go downstream from there to Savages Crossing and fish all the way.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

There a ton of info, maps, video on sweetwater about what you're after.

Heres video from the past fortnight.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Be tough fishing now thou with all the excess water flushing the river down