Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DAIWA SEAGATE Vs DAIWA BRADIA

Re: DAIWA SEAGATE Vs DAIWA BRADIA

brent,

you will be needing the two tiny washer for your bradia roller bearing installation.also the sealed bb offers tiny or none protection if the reel is fully submerged.i found that even normal ss bb packed with grease and the both shields installed works a treat..............mine is 2 years and still going as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent_P View Post
    I was disappointed, though, that I missed an incredible sale at several online retailers in the US, which ended about three months ago - Bradias on sale for $150-$170 US!

Brent.
    One mob on the bay auction the 2500R and they usually go for around $200 including postage. Just picked one up for this and here is the latest listing -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DAIWA-BRADIA-...item56400bdfff

Yeah, you can also get them through Amazon.com for around that price, but only the 2500R, which has a 3000 size body with a 2500 size rotor and spool. I wanted something a bit lighter, so I went for the 2500.

Brent.

So guys what was the verdict here? Is the seagate a good real? Was looking at a 3500 light myself.

Is it true they are not water proof? The Twinpower FC reels are which is what I was comparing them too as the specs are similar and the price range also. Take away the Twinpower spare spool and they are priced similar anyway.