Thread: BASS at Monduran?

Question BASS at Monduran?

Has anybody out there chased bass at Monduran? I know every man and his dog goes there chasing Barra, but I'm interested to know if anyone has actually done any bass fishing there.

Cheers.

Re: BASS at Monduran?

had a few quick goes at em between Barra fishing. Very hard to get a hookup, and I never did.
    Steve

have a watch of the afc dvd with it on ,thats the reason why most people fish for the barra big waterway between them, there are some big bass in there though some of the schools we find are big, with by catches of these every now and then,good luck hope you get a few if you chase them

We used to go there about 5 or 6 years ago to chase bass specifically. We always managed to catch a few as well. Usually down the back of Bird bay or up behind the first island in B. Black and gold tilsans or purple vipers did the damage. Got bit by the barra bug about 4 or 5 years ago and have not targeted bass at Mondy since. Definately think it would be tougher now then back then as I am pretty sure more funds go to stocking Barra rather than Bass.

Cheers Shaun

most people chsing bass at mondy use shrimp and tie off to a tree in deep water they reckon 10catfish to 1bass and 1 barra on shrimp
    shrimp can be caught in the dam using traps in most of the bays

shane