Thread: 1770

Hey Guys

Heading Up To 1770 In A Week Or So And Will Be Fishing The Estuaries What Fish Is There To Target And Is It Worth Taking The Crab Pots?

Thanks

Re: 1770

Neighbour was heading down yesterday. He reckons flathead in creeks going off at present. His son lives down there so I guess thats where he's getting his info. They were getting good crabs south of colosseum creek in good numbers last week so should be moving in down there as well. Mate tells me his next door neighbour,a pro crabber, reckons crabs were pretty quiet early this week although he was getting heaps on big tides a fortnight ago. He reckoned that he was getting a few right up the top of the major drains but then went quiet and got onto a heap around the flats.
    reckon mackeral should be going off around rocks at the estuary mouth. schoolies supposed to be going off in kepple bay and also around here at present.
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

Bronco, creeks are fishing well of late, as mick suggested there's some quality flathead around at the moment in the local estuarys, (picked up a 70+cm on thursday and have heard of other good fish since) the warmer days have been producing some nice jacks in several of the creeks ( mate got a few around 40-50cm)also getting some of the best bream iv'e seen around here for a while.
    Bring the crab pots, there's been a few about and given the bit of rain we are getting as i type they should fire up.
    hope this helps
    josh.
    P.S if ur interested there's been some big spanish macks (largest so far 22kg) coming in close to the headland in the last couple of weeks / days. also solid longtail tuna (heard of 23kg model) good early trolling option..
    Last edited by 1770JOSH; 20-09-2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: extra info

Hi Broncodude,

when are you heading up? And what boat do you have..

Also, note my thread...1770 26 sept - 1 Oct We're heding up this sunday for a week.

Depepnding on your boat size/ type, you could venture out to the mackerelspots, trolling the headland...small tinnies can do that on most days...if your vessel is suitable and large enough, that opens up water much further afield for some of those yummy red-fish! If you're heading up same time as us, flick me a PM and we can chat. Been heading up this time of year for a few years now, so yell out! Come on Sunday!!!

Lawry