Thread: G'day from far north Qld

G'day from far north Qld

G'day all,

always been a dream of mine to fish the far north. Forced early retirement (medical) has helped bring the dream to life. Just moved to Cooya Beach, 'bout 70-odd k's north of Cairns. Before movng sold the little tinny and will purchase something a bit bigger, say 18 to 20 footer (and croc proof), in the not too distant future and start exploring. In the mean time been busy sussing out some of the local creeks and rivers. Talk 'bout doin' things blind, and ever wary of what's around. Found meself sharing a spot with a death-adder night before last. Figured he was welcome to it and moved on. Fished with a livey on a 30lb leader. Lasted 'bout 20 seconds and got clobbered by a submarine with teeth. Cut like cotton. Switched to wire and nary a touch. Time to be re-educated. Will have to have a gas bag with some of the locals and hope to gain enough info to keep me alive, and happily fishin'. Be most grateful for any info I can gather.
    Start of a whole new life, for me and my family, and will keep posted. Cheers.

Re: G'day from far north Qld

Welcome to fnq mate. The fishing wont dissapoint you. Yeah gotta be aware of the dangerous fauna. Looking forward to your posts

Thanks for the welcome. Really lookin' forward to getting amongst the finny things, and doing me best to avoid the nasties. Was hoping to get out today, but the weather beat me, but hope to have another go in a day or so. Cheers.

Of to good start at least you got home alright.
    welcome to the forums.
    Just remember this theres only one thing o NQ love more than a fish AND thats a BEER

hey mate if you would like to meet up for a reef trip i use to live at cooya my self ,now in portdouglas and always keen got a16ft alloy.let me know