Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Croc near Nudgee????

Re: Croc near Nudgee????

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I don't know if you are aware of it or not but Main Roads Dept has a section..with lawyers and all..people send letters of complaint and demand regarding a trip they may have had on the road, foorpath etc and demand payment. And they usually get it after back and forth correspondence for a while. Cheaper to pay than go to court.
    Wasn't aware. Main Roads is different, there are some roads/footpaths thaare in bad states of repair that the gov't could be blamed for. A croc or someone falling on a dune, totally not the gov't fault IMO.

I think its funny that there is 1 unconfirmed report of a crock sighting and the department immediately errects warning signs.

The posibilty of there being an actual croc is pretty slim.....getting actually bit by one this far south would be pretty damn low odds.

All my remaining relatives live in Townsville..all the well informed locals know there are crocs very close to town......i've been shown the slides on the bank.........but to my knowledge no one has ever had a serious problem.

My brotherinlaws mate Paddy can testify they put up a good fight on a hand line though... .

Everybody up there is a bit carefull all the time... but they still pump nippers and wade in the surf and river mouths.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

I have lived in hervey bay for a while now and speaking to a couple of the old fishos from around these parts they have no doubt that there are crocs in the mary river and have photos of slides to prove it. I myself swear i saw one in saltwater creek a few years ago. Is it so hard to think that they could move a few more hundred clicks south? i agree that i dont think they would stay long or set up permanent residence. I do however think that the ones on the mary are permanent residents. The mary has a breeding population of barra large enough to target specifically. why not crocs?

Quote Originally Posted by fishboy018 View Post
    I have lived in hervey bay for a while now and speaking to a couple of the old fishos from around these parts they have no doubt that there are crocs in the mary river and have photos of slides to prove it. I myself swear i saw one in saltwater creek a few years ago. Is it so hard to think that they could move a few more hundred clicks south? i agree that i dont think they would stay long or set up permanent residence. I do however think that the ones on the mary are permanent residents. The mary has a breeding population of barra large enough to target specifically. why not crocs?

Me and the missus stayed in Toogoom 3 or 4 years ago and towed the boat down to Hervey Bay a couple of time's. Pulled up on Round Island with the dog and had a walk around then left. When we got home that Sunday there were photo's in the Sunday paper of a large croc slide on ROUND BLOODY ISLAND!!!.We were there only 3 day's before. No doubt they are up there, still not sure about down here?!?!?!

Cheers......Terry.......

Could be climate change or flood waters pushed then down south. I'm all for culling these, they make good belts, shoes and handbags for woman.

Use to be large crocs in the logan river of Beenleigh and Eagleby about 100 years ago or so. There have been photos of them alongside the person that killed them seen in local archives.

And croc meat to eat is crappo, been there and done that.

Just watched the news tonight and some fella had video footage of what appeared to be a croc. He seemed believable and appeared to be surprised.

I've tasted croc meat and thought it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by sandbankmagnet View Post
    I've tasted croc meat and thought it was pretty good.
    G'day

Myself included, It's a meat that you must cook correctly.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Could be climate change or flood waters pushed then down south. I'm all for culling these, they make good belts, shoes and handbags for woman.
    You never fail to amaze me with your wise comments. Maybe they can be turned into good head gaskets as well?

Good one Cuzza. LOL