Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croc near Nudgee????

Croc near Nudgee????

Right, which one of you drunken yobs was out fishing at Nudgee?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1225925558271

Re: Croc near Nudgee????

AHH...mmmm 4x4 Thanks for the link I've kept the Croc Sighting number and stashed it in my phone, Because most mornings I see the buggars all the time. AHH, that feels better.

But all jokes aside with the increase in water temps and the tropical climate that we all enjoy, and not forgetting the odd flood here and there it helps these magic surviours move too new locations and if the conditions are right I'll opt for someone else to go and pump the nipper's, because I'm staying in the tinny!!
    "If I am going too burn time let it be holding my rod. For when it is time to lay me at rest let it be a Viking burial at it's best. Give back for what I have Taken."

Nudgee Crk? More likely it was a 3 metre blind mullet.

I might go down there for a landbased plastic session. You reckon it'll go for a 4inch Berkley gulp in blue pepper neon?????
    Bring Out Another Thousand tragic

Sorry fellas, but I think it was me. Been goen hard on the steaks of late, and I suspect one of my 'logs' may have strayed from Luggage Point way. I'd go down to confirm the sighting, but I'm afraid I'm still a little bow-legged from last night's session. Get ready, the next one''s gonna be this one's mother! Now, where's some roughage!

Cuzza

About the only chance of finding a croc down here is if it were released into the water. Probably someone using lsd or speaking shizen

Well you never know where you find them. In the 50's and 60's live in Ipswich and a fellow four doors up had about four of them two salties and two freshies. Yes at one time they did escape.

Keep you eye peeled, they make lovely handbags.

Regards

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Good chance that they sighted a dugong, there is a few in the area.
    Tight Lines

Split-shot

Couldnt agree with Trev more as i have said here before i lived in the highlands of PNG and a number of crocs got out of someones collection , i caught one and have the photo to prove it all of this was 2000ft above sea level.

Although this sighting could be someones bad eyesight or a little indulgence on mind altering substances a croc sigting is not impossible and although there has not been ne captured it does not mean they are not there. And as Trev said if they are its more than likey some tourist has dropped it off or it was previously a pet.

Mick

They already have a warning sign up at the Nudgee boat ramp, saying be careful a croc has been sighted.
    It was probably just a log floating down the creek or a big goanna maybe..

Interesting to see crocs getting as far south as the Boyne river.

I lived there for a while and there were always people swimming / wading in the Boyne River and the local beaches.

Maybe not a very good idea.

Any news on the one they have been trying to trap in behind Fraser Island South of the Mary.
    From memory this has been an item for 12 months.

Escaped pet.

Dont laugh but Croc's arent that uncommon as pets these days.

cheers

I have personally seen them in Bunya Creek which runs into the Mary, so interesting to hear that they aren't found south of Gladstone!!! Often sightings in the Mary River also.

Haven't heard the latest on the one they were trying to trap around Fraser, once again funny that they stated they are not found south of Gladstone but spent ages chasing one around the Fraser Coast...

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHunt View Post
    They already have a warning sign up at the Nudgee boat ramp, saying be careful a croc has been sighted.
    It was probably just a log floating down the creek or a big goanna maybe..
    Hahahahahaha, too funny. As if it's the govt or anyone's fault. Be the silliest thing to go to court after an attack and try to blame someone. The world has gone mad.
    Just like the tourist trying to sue Tourism Qld 'cause he huwt his wittle weg after he ran downa dune and jumped in the lake at Fraser. SOOK!!!