Thread: Its Mondy time

Its Mondy time

It is ages since i have been up to Lake Monduran but Wife and i along woth four friends from out fishing club are going too and we will be up there from Wednesday 22nd till Sunday the Sunday the 26th of September. I have a black and white makocraft with a 90 hp etec on the back of it and two ausfish stickers on euther side of the bow and we will have our new slide on camper with us so dont be strangers come over and say hi' Last time we were up we mett a lot of guys here and if it was not for Nagg and Whitey i doubt we would ahve been successful in catching barra as they were reall very helpful
    So fingers crossed lol

Re: Its Mondy time

Quote Originally Posted by culbara View Post
    It is ages since i have been up to Lake Monduran but Wife and i along woth four friends from out fishing club are going too and we will be up there from Wednesday 22nd till Sunday the Sunday the 26th of September. I have a black and white makocraft with a 90 hp etec on the back of it and two ausfish stickers on euther side of the bow and we will have our new slide on camper with us so dont be strangers come over and say hi' Last time we were up we mett a lot of guys here and if it was not for Nagg and Whitey i doubt we would ahve been successful in catching barra as they were reall very helpful
    So fingers crossed lol

Good luck mate. The water temps should be pretty good by then.
    Steve

thanks mate i live in hope lol

Thanks for the kind words ..... hope you have a great trip

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

well irt rained neally all the time caught catfish noone in our group could stay connected and pretty well the only ones that got caught we when they fished al night but when yo camp with good mates you always have a good time and i will be back in november in hot weather

That's a shame ..... but it sounds like you had a good time regardless.

So where and how were the barra caught

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I'm from a fly fishing guide from NZ and just spent 4 days last week at Monduran, second visit. Didn't even see a fish, fished dawn to dusk, flats, timber, weedbanks, fast, slow, surface, deep, night, day... all for a few catfish, nice place though, but jeeez it's tough!... Will I be back?....YIP! Not sure why, it's a verey interesting place to fish, there was a ton of big arches, mostly 5m in the thermocline, but could not induce a take on a variety of lures. Went to Lake Borumba on the way back to Brisbane and landed around 15 Bass each which was fun on small Rapala's and fly, they fight quite well and hit with Gusto!