Thread: eBay pelagic 4lb braid

eBay pelagic 4lb braid

I need to respool my soft plastic rod. Currently using 6lb fireline but wanting to downgrade to 4lb. Instead of buying local prices wondering if eBays braids are any good. Bit more for your money then the ol fireline.

http://m.ebay.com.au/Pages/ViewItem....799744&emvcc=0

Re: eBay pelagic 4lb braid

from my experience 4lb pelagic will have a diameter of 20lb fireline....... they are rubbish , much easier and painless to go to big dubya and get 4lb fireline for 21 bucks. at least you`ll know it`s quality. Cheers Andrew

I disagree.
    I use pelagic braid all the time now in the heavier weights i.e. 10,20,30,40,50 lbs.
    I have had zero trouble from them, find knot strength is very good and the multicolours are very helpful for fishing in deeper water and floatlining.
    If you watch ebay first to get a good idea of pricing you will get a good buy.

I stopped using fireline two years ago as the price didn't warrant it.

Finally, you can email the Pelagic team in Melbourne and get their views directly on what is best for your applications. You dont have to buy from them but can still go to ebay. They are VERY knowledgeable and helpful and you are probably aware they sponsor a pro bream boat and fish with their own gear and products.
    Cheers
    Plato

I'm with fishgutz on this one, though if it was me I would be looking at going for another braid if your not happy with fireline, I personally wouldn't be spooling my plastics rod up with cheap braid off ebay, probably upgrade from fireline to a PE braid. At the end of the day you get what you pay for and if the line's crap and costs the loss of a few lures, then I would say it pays for itself.

Look for the braid on ebay with a dolphin on the spool.. Very good line, especially for the money.

Pelagic? Yuck.. My mate bought some and asked me to guess the breaking strain. My reply was 50lb, it was meant to be 20lb heh.

Going by the replys I might stick to something well known. I just hear of people using eBay for there braid but That's all that really comes up in 4lb.

No matter what your $$ limit is, our individual budgets spent on rod and reel are usually significant. Not to mention lures, jigheads etc and even your time spent out chasing the fish. Why try and and go budget on something like braid? spend the money on a good product and feel confident from the get go, how often are you going to need the new braid anyway?
    Not bashing pelagic as I don't know it but there is well known and respected braid out there that isn't really a big cost in the scheme of things
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

ebay is okay as long as it`s a good brand your getting for the right price, i should have also mentioned that it was heavey braid around the 50 lb mark that i returned as it was rectangle in shape and thicker than 50lb mono. the lighter stuff might be ok.