Thread: Tinnaroo reports?

Tinnaroo reports?

Hi all,

Has anyone fished Tinnaroo lately? I'm heading up there in October for the full moon and any info would be appreciated. Have fished it a few times before but managed only little fish, really keen to break my meter plus virginity this time

Thanks Richo

Re: Tinnaroo reports?

-17.210898,145.619665 or there abouts, stick to this area, and the next finger down 1230mm barra and a 4kg jack, water is still a little cool so stay shallow

it's not firing yet. went out tonight.

Thanks for the replies, and the tip. Can't wait to get up there, "Barramundi fever" is starting to get really bad now!

Not sure about that waypoint tho

Just got back from a great trip to FNQ spent 7 days up at Tinaroo Dam and finally broke my Meter plus virginity with a fat 110cm Fish Caught it solo on my first days fishing, after 20mins of tossing lures. After a quick photo she was released to fight another day and hopefully grow to 130cm +. It was a shame there was no one around to take a photo of me holding the fish but got a couple on the brag mat anyway! All but one fish were caught on a 'Barra Classic 12+' Black body, red head.

Had the family in tow so serious fishing hours were small, in 5 three hour sessions managed 6 Barra - Released 110, 90, 87, 86, 67 and a 70cm which we kept for a feed.

Took us 3 days to find out where the Red claw were, and once found were plentiful, catching at least 80 in the 8 pots we had out on the first night at the new location. Kids loved collecting the pots and it turned out that my daughter and I were the only ones interested in eating them, so we kept 26 in total, and the rest went back to hopefully fill my pots next time!

did well. i've only been getting small fish for the last fortnight. good work

I took this pic of my mate who caught this beauty on Saturday while we were skiing ! Trolled up at midday along a weed bank !
    840mm Beauty

Cheers
    John

Nice one John, they are nice fat fish! The 70cm one we kept weighed 12 pounds, and tasted good too. The last morning of the trip we got 3 in 45mins, biggest thing I noticed was the night before the wind dropped right off and stacks of insects came out. Maybe the insects got the bait fish stirred up and the Barra followed suit?
    Very jealous of you living up there Mr Yamba! We stayed at the Holiday Park in a cabin right in front of the pool and jumping pillow, my daughter was very impressed. Will be doing it again next year.