Thread: Tiwi Pearl Hookup

Tiwi Pearl Hookup

A Big Thank you to the two guys who pulled up at the Tiwi Pearl yesterday. They got to watch me break the anchor rope trying to pull up the Tiwi Pearl and then confirmed the position of the wreck for me.
    A polite conversation with them got them to free dive and retrieve my sand anchor which was well entangled on the structure. I was totally surprised to see this bloke bring the anchor all the way to the surface as well. A Big Thank you again for that selfless act. There still are people out there that just help others out with no other reward than a Big Thanks.

Cheers
    Chris

Re: Tiwi Pearl Hookup

That was right decent of them...it momentarily restores your faith in the hooman race doesnt it Chris???
    Did you pull anything edible up from the Tiwi Pearl???

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by Benno1 View Post
    That was right decent of them...it momentarily restores your faith in the hooman race doesnt it Chris???
    Did you pull anything edible up from the Tiwi Pearl???

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny
    No fish just damaged pride from the anchor fiasco. Notice as well that the D shackle was lost over board during the transition from reef pick to sand anchor so the replacement was a strong triple rope section

We did manage 3 hookups on stingrays which tested the tackle to extreme. Plenty more small snapper 14-20cm range. There all a little bigger now from our feeding session.

Cheers
    Chris

put a nice bend in it too!!!...better luck next time Chris...you watch youll go back and bring back an esky full

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

The anchor is all straight again with a new "D"shackle and just the rope to re-splice back together and Wide Cal here I come.

Cheers
    Chris

sounds like a fun day had there Chris - hows your splicing skills?

I thought that divers were to be banned from the Tiwi Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    sounds like a fun day had there Chris - hows your splicing skills?
    I do a pretty good splice if I must say so.

Cheers
    Chris