Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ***Amazing fishing stories****

Re: ***Amazing fishing stories****

nah, id be taking on the seals....

About 6 months ago me and the missus, and a mate and his missus, on some random island off Airlie Beach. Pulled up in the Haines to toss some lures and fresh bait in the mouth of a bay. The girls call "lunch and beer" so down tools on a large rock about 5 mtrs from the water and head over and sit in the shade to sample said wares. All going well with lunch and checking second beer for freshness when my eggbeater with pilchard on it, float past me at about 6 foot off the ground. Decide the beer and heat have got to me when everyone cracks up laughing ... turns out a sea eagle had decided to take the pilchard, and my rod too. Of course manages to remove bait and drop rod just out of casting reach in the sea. Grab my mates rod and wade out to nipple level with a heavy lure to try to recover unlucky rod. Manage to do this but am distracted by the screams of my companions. Look behind me to see what the hell is wrong, just in time to see a large fin about 2 foot high and 1 foot wide swim between me and the shore. Move very slowly back to shore. Pack the rods up and go to pack up the left over bait, just in time to see the eagle leaving with it, plastic bag and all.

Quote Originally Posted by spelchek View Post
    I once came home from an overnighter to be greeted by the missus who informed me she was spring cleaning and did I want to go to the pub whilst she finished up.
    She must be related to my missus.

My story,

20+ years ago, a mate rang me to go fishing in the Logan River. Just about the first time we've been fishing, not much experience between us.

So we're fishing in his old man's tinny and I was working for DPI at the time.

Spent most of the morning catching very small bream and catfish and a million small muddies.

About lunch time he says "We can't go home and tell the girls we caught nothing". He harped on the same theme for the next 2 hours. I kept telling him ... "DPI officer, your old man's boat and your car all up for grabs if we get done".

So now we ready to go home and we pulled in a muddie 14.5cm and on he harped on again. OK, I said but no more!

No sooner, it hit the bottom of the bucket, a Fisheries Boat pulls up.

"Hi Guys, caught anything?"

Mate: NO!
    Me (at the same): YES <I'm not a good liar>

Oh, Oh, we're in trouble!

Fisheries checked our esky and ...

Fisheries Officer: "Looks a bit small and green. This is my measurement gauge and it is 14.9cm, you have a 1mm variation in your favour and your crab is way too small".

Me: "What's green mean?"

So he explains what 'green' is and gives a warning and sends us off.

I'm sure he knew we were 'green' and catching small crabs and releasing them all morning but kept this only one.

Best Part:
    My mate suggests we go down to the Fisho across the road from the Glen Hotel to get some fish and crabs to impress the girls.
    Got some and while we were the best with the girls, we both noticed all the sandcrabs were undersized with the tips broken off.

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhhh!

We still have a laugh when we talk about it today.

The missus once had a biggy run up the front of the boat. She passed behind me with her line half wrapped round my neck. When I told her to pass it over my head.............she did..........the wrong way I was nearly dragged over the side of the boat but I think I would have been decapitated before I drowned 30lb mono can be pretty sharp with a noah on one end and the deckie on the other..........we didn't talk for days

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

LOL......kev
    Are you sure she didnt do that on purpose....

Two mates and myself were casting lures in a creek up in the gulf a few years back.... we are flogging this sticky snag with jacks not quiet game enough to come out to far from the sticks.... anyway a bigger jack decides to take the mates lure... he lines it up and about to strike and bang !!!! a bloody estuary cod belt the jack to one side and gobbles the lure .... thats good !!... we have a bit of a laugh and unhook the cod and as he drops into the water he spots the other mates lure heading across to the front of the boat and B lines it... and whack , got him again !!!. More laughter... so we make sure there is no lures in the water so we can get rid of this thing !!!...and released it..

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    LOL......kev
    Are you sure she didnt do that on purpose....
    Probably, if only to silence my instructing her how to play the bugger

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

fishing in the pearl channel. The bloke in the boat next to us hooks up' Pulls a rod and reel to the surface. Adamant its the one his mate dropped overboard several trips ago

Went out for a night trip off Cairns and caught a 7 kg spanish on the bottom before dark in about 30 metres, Sort of a bonus fish really. Went deeper for the night and at about 8 pm in 50 metres I hooked up a good fish on the bottom but early in the fight got cut off.

So I'm just reeling my line minus hook and sinker to re rig and just after I have the line up, out of the watery darkness beside the boat comes this silver flash which flies past me and bangs down on the deck of the boat and skids into the leg of my mate fishing out the other side,
    It was another 7 kg spanish thrashing around now on the floor. So I get control of it while being totally amazed that it jumped in the boat,

Grateful that it missed me! But as I get control of it I find my hook and a short tag of my line in its Mouth!!

So it cut me off at 50 m deep swam to the top and jumped in the boat!!

Beats me!

unfreakinberliverable

fishing with my granddad few years ago on a beach near sydney (merry beach) in one of his regular jewie spots when he hooked a absolute monster, 2 hours later it was close enough to be netted but the tide had dropped the water level on a inclose sandbar to about 1-2 feet (not enough for the fish to come over) so he sent me on a 200M mission to net it in deeper water on the other side of the snadbar. NO WORRIES i think!!! 15 mins later with him screaming at me to hurry up I wade into waist deep water following his line down to net the "jewie" only to see the BIGGEST hammerhead I have ever seen in reallife or at a aquarium!!! THis thing was BIG easily going 3-4 metres!! well Needless to say I was like a stone being skimmed across the water! most of the way back and i KICK a rock and shred my toes!! now I am thinking there is blood in the water and no idea where this thing is I thought at the tender age of 12 this is it the end.........
    obviously made it back with no dramas but it was the last time i netted a fish for him in waist deep water, He still swore to the day of his death i was wrong and it was "A absolute monster JEWIE"!!!