Thread: Line Colour

Line Colour

Im going to spool up my new reel with some 20 or 30lb Braid, but just want to know does colour matter? normally id go Crystal (fireline) or white, But im not really fussed on the higher weight fused/fireline type braid,

So what colour do u use? and what type of braid?

Cheers.

Re: Line Colour

depends on what type of fishing you want to do. if your are flicking lures amongst snags and similar i prefer a high vis line as i like to know exactly where my lure is. and if you are worried about spooking fish with the high coloured line then just lenghten your leader a bit. if fishing shallow flats for bream and other finiky things then maybe crystal is the go. if you are bait fishing then it really doesnt matter much as long as you have a decent length leader. if you are fishing deep say 25/30m+ then a red or pink line is best as the first colour to disappear in water is red and the last colour to go is blue (that is why everything at depth looks blue when scuba diving). so really its up to you!

i mainly use daiwa td sensor stuff and reckon its great and spiderwire has never had a prob yet

Quote Originally Posted by fishboy018 View Post
    depends on what type of fishing you want to do. if your are flicking lures amongst snags and similar i prefer a high vis line as i like to know exactly where my lure is. and if you are worried about spooking fish with the high coloured line then just lenghten your leader a bit. if fishing shallow flats for bream and other finiky things then maybe crystal is the go. if you are bait fishing then it really doesnt matter much as long as you have a decent length leader. if you are fishing deep say 25/30m+ then a red or pink line is best as the first colour to disappear in water is red and the last colour to go is blue (that is why everything at depth looks blue when scuba diving). so really its up to you!
    i agree doesnt really matter with main line as long as you yous a long invisible leader like fluerocarbon.A high vis mainline is good
    Why is it everytime i walk away from my rod it gets smashed

Quote Originally Posted by southcoasthunter View Post
    i agree doesnt really matter with main line as long as you yous a long invisible leader like fluerocarbon.A high vis mainline is good
    Invisible leader?? now to get me some of that.
    "True Blue"