Thread: berkley soft vibe?

Question berkley soft vibe?

ausfishers,

just wondering if anyone has used the berkley soft vibe range. found some on sale today so picked a few up. anyone have any colour or weight preference for flatty and bass. the sales bloke showed me a few. just want to make sure he has put me on the right track!

cheers, aaran.

Re: berkley soft vibe?

Aaran, I love 'em!

Have used the MF40s but found them a little small and subject to bite offs from everything with teeth. Then tried the MF50 and had a couple of good hook-ups with snapper but small trebles resulted in hooks beeing pulled.

Now use the MF60 and caught three small snapper on my first three casts. Yet to hook-up to anything of size.

My favourite colours are the pale watermelon and the darker green with the gold stripes. They work well when you bounce them across the bottom but even better as a deadstick...

Hope this helps

Regs

Pete

yep, they are good. i like them a lot. some are nice and heavy to fish deepwater with current. 3/8 is a good one for flatties although in shallow calm water a lighter one would be good but they are quite small. i think this lure will being very popular.

and to all that are interested anaconda have them on sale. 2 bucks a pack!!! cant go wrong!

pete,

did you think upgrading the trebles to a bigger size on the 50's would work for the snapper? they didnt have any of the 60's on sale.

cheers, aaran.

Last I heard the 40's were going out of production and Anaconda purchased all remaining stock from pure fishing. (Internal memo) So if you want them, you had better purchase them now.

I like using the 40's in heavy estuarine current in 10+ feet of water... They don't seem to work as well anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamelion View Post
    Last I heard the 40's were going out of production and Anaconda purchased all remaining stock from pure fishing. (Internal memo) So if you want them, you had better purchase them now.

I like using the 40's in heavy estuarine current in 10+ feet of water... They don't seem to work as well anywhere else.
    Got myself 35 packets for the upcoming flattie season

Quote Originally Posted by bagdout View Post
    pete,

did you think upgrading the trebles to a bigger size on the 50's would work for the snapper?
    Way ahead of you Aaran, have upgarded the rear treble only to a larger one and the MF50 still swims sweetly.

If you increase both trebles it tends to get tangled a fair bit...

Regs

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bagdout View Post
    ausfishers,

just wondering if anyone has used the berkley soft vibe range. found some on sale today so picked a few up. anyone have any colour or weight preference for flatty and bass. the sales bloke showed me a few. just want to make sure he has put me on the right track!

cheers, aaran.
    & the bloke that designed them is herebouts - Matty Fraser I'm sure Matty will wade in and give you the lowdown

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Anaconda Kawana waters are all sold out... At the end of my shift today I stripped the hooks of the remaining MF40's and brought them home with me.