Thread: New member, new boat, new to Horizon Shores!

New member, new boat, new to Horizon Shores!

Hi Guys 'n' Gals,

I'm very glad to have found my way here!

I have just picked up a 2007 Pursuit 550F with a 115 4 Stroke which will be living in Horizon Shores.

I've had boats before but i've always fished out of Manly...Soooo...I could do with some help/advice or to tag along with someone out of Horizon Shores one day??

PM me if anyone can help - thanks in advance

Jim

Re: New member, new boat, new to Horizon Shores!

Welcome to the site Jim. Plenty of great advice to take in from members in all areas of fishing.

Cheers,
    Wags

Welcome Jim, Plenty of areas to go from there. It is a safe Haven and safe area to go discovering from. Check out the Pin and surounding.

Marty

come out of Horizon and hang a left..but do not speed through the 6 knot zone..can take you up to the power lines and mouth of the Logan River..further north up to the southern bay Islands.

Hang a righ as you come out and head down to Jacobs Well..up past there to the cardinal marker..veer left to go towards the Pin and millionaires row etc..up through Whalleys Gutter to Tiger Mullet or across and through Mackenzies up to the Slipping Sands.

If you hang a right at the cardinal..takes you down towards Southport..the Seaway..Coomera River (can go up to Sanctuary Cove or Hope Island etc)..and further down to the Nerang River.

Plenty of places to go down that way in all weather conditions.

One word..make sure you stay in the marked channels...if you have not run aground down the Pin then you will one day.

Pick up a copy of beacon to beacon. Very detailed maps of that area - you can plan you trip with it, and use it as a reference while you are travelling. It's a lovely part of the world!

Cheers,

tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Gday and Welcome Jim

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Heaps of places to explore around the Jumpinpin way. Plenty of sand bars too so keep an eye on the map when the tide is low or high. Also, be a little wary of idiots around that way too as there are boats of all shapes and sizes getting around that don't always follow common sense rules or even navigation rules.
    I particularly like the area closest to the Pin Bar.

Cheers
    Chris

jim
    are you keeping it in rack or trailer storage?
    Mal and Nathan at trailer storage are top blokes, very helpfull.
    how do you find the pursuit?

grahame
    S***fish & chippy

Jim..if you want a tour through the place..gimme a holler..will bring the tinny down there and show you around...tinnys are fun when the Rivs go by.

Hey guys and thanks for the replies.

I took her out for the first time today and I must admit that at first glance its was a bit of a maze!

Boat seemed great and the service at Horizon Shores is excellent - in Rack Storage so the wife got the first class "dry shoes" experience - I feel a bit spoilt really!

I'd be keen to tag along with someone next time they go out for a weekday jaunt - just PM me - I'll follow, but not get in your way.

Jim

bro inlaw and myself went out on the weekend for the 1st time, understand the "maze" feeling, but so many great spots to fish from, we tried a variety of spots just to get to know the area and "explore" and picked up stuff all over. Cant wait to go out again

Ben...

Well after my first outing I went and invsted in a Lowrance Elite 5. God send, makes like so so easy, heading out again this wed and thursday, and 8th dec at this point, cant wait.