Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knives with serrated edges.........

Re: Knives with serrated edges.........

at a kitchen "gadget" shop, I think it was called my home or something like that, so I guess seeing as they had them, they are probably made by the millions in China or somewhere, I will see if I can see a brand on them.

Just watch em if you drop em. They dont always stay in one piece.

I sharpen serrated knives on the flat side with a small angle only then a light steel.

Have sharpened a filleting knife on one side as well. works ok untill you decide to go the other way then grabs on everything.

Most serrated knives will be flat on one side with the serration's scolloped in the other side like a moon shaped chisel when you look at them closely. If that is the type you have you need to keep the flat side flat (leave it alone altogether) like you would a chisel and work on the scollops on the front side.

For normal knives see my review on the edgepro system
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

For normal knives see my review on the edgepro systemToday 06:49 PM

Where do i find the review?

Well, I gave one of wife's serrated kitchen knives a go with the oil stone yesterday afternoon.

The result? A stunning failure, I would say. Quietly slipped it back in the drawer and I'll deny all knowledge of what happened. After all, she doesn't know I did it.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post
    Well, I gave one of wife's serrated kitchen knives a go with the oil stone yesterday afternoon.

The result? A stunning failure, I would say. Quietly slipped it back in the drawer and I'll deny all knowledge of what happened. After all, she doesn't know I did it.

TOL

Still good for cheese.

how did you try?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Most serrated knives will be flat on one side with the serration's scolloped in the other side like a moon shaped chisel when you look at them closely. If that is the type you have you need to keep the flat side flat (leave it alone altogether) like you would a chisel and work on the scollops on the front side.

For normal knives see my review on the edgepro system
    I actually purchased a edgepro system after your review Lovey!! Cheers for that did they pass on the commision???

If you use the edgepro system you actually sharpen the flat side!! See the vidoe on the site regards sharpening serrated knives! see below link!

Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Cheers finding time, thats how I was shown but now I think I will need one of these as well.

Stu