Thread: which rod? starlo stix squidgy spin heavy or daiwa exceler 10-17lb???

which rod? starlo stix squidgy spin heavy or daiwa exceler 10-17lb???

hi guys just wondering which you think would be better. the daiwa exceler 7ft 10 to 17lb spin stick or the squidgy spin heavy starlo stix 4-8kg. i have the exact same starlo rod already and know that it is awesome as a general purpose spin stick. just wondering if anyone has on of the excelers and could tell me how it stacks up? they caught my eye as they are under 100 bucks and look amazing. it will be used for a bit of everything including some flatty's, jacks and thready's but mainly for spinning slugs at tuna and macks and it will be used dam barra fishing too. the starlo stix does all this already with no problems.
    ps if you can think of better rods under 150 let me know but no higher as i break graphite rods too easily to buy expensive ones

cheers tyson!

Re: which rod? starlo stix squidgy spin heavy or daiwa exceler 10-17lb???

Check out the Starlostix Tournament Maxspin. Its a cut above any rod that I have seen in this price range. MO has it for $129.00. It compares well with rods worth two or three times as much
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

cheers horse have seen them was just concerned about its backbone to get 90cm barra out of the snags?? do you reckon with 20lb braid it would have the stopping power?

hang on add the starlo stix max spin 4-7kg and the starlo stix flats cast medium 4-8 kg to that comparison thanks guys

I love my starlo stix heavy (blue one). Has pulled in some really decent fish, has a crap load of fighting power and casts heavier weights a mile.