Thread: fishing baffle cr

fishing baffle cr

can any body tell what the fishing and crabing like at baffle creek this time of year
    cheers snap

Re: fishing baffle cr

Was there staying at Baffle Bobs last year in July, caught some great flathead (were targetted). Nice place for a Yak. Look out for the snags/rocks if you are boating.
    Cheers and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gregw View Post
    Was there staying at Baffle Bobs last year in July, caught some great flathead (were targetted). Nice place for a Yak. Look out for the snags/rocks if you are boating.
    Cheers and good luck.
    did you turne off at rosedale and how are the roads be towing a van
    cheers snap

snap,
    Yes you take the Rosedale turn off, its pretty well sign posted all the way.
    Sealed road all the way apart from the road works......
    depending on if they have had much rain up there it might be still a bit early for muddies but that still would'nt stop me from trying.
    big flatties up around the entrance and jacks further up the river.
    Bobs boat ramp is in behind an island and either end of that part of the river is really shallow at low tide, a small tinnie is ok.
    the boat ramp at flat rock is way better.
    As said before watch out for the rocks, if you have a spare prop id be taking it for sure.

have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    snap,
    Yes you take the Rosedale turn off, its pretty well sign posted all the way.
    Sealed road all the way apart from the road works......
    depending on if they have had much rain up there it might be still a bit early for muddies but that still would'nt stop me from trying.
    big flatties up around the entrance and jacks further up the river.
    Bobs boat ramp is in behind an island and either end of that part of the river is really shallow at low tide, a small tinnie is ok.
    the boat ramp at flat rock is way better.
    As said before watch out for the rocks, if you have a spare prop id be taking it for sure.

have fun.
    thanks barry will take your advice
    snap

take a cast net if possible. There are some great prawning sessions to be had. This time last year 3 of my mates got a bucket each in no time.

make sure your outboard is not locked down because you will spend some time ploughing the bottom.

And don't for get the Aerogard! actually forget the Aeroguard get some bushman! or kero.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............