Thread: 1st RUN FOR AIMRITE

1st RUN FOR AIMRITE

Got out the reef on weekend finally after 4solid months of absolute Sh*t weather n was rewarded with 45kg of fillets. Water temp was a rediculous 24deg so froze my ass off from the minute I got in the water. Still I managed to put up with it for a couple of hours n got 13 nice size trout smallest being 43cm biggest being 72cm. Bastard sharks claimed quite a few others off us including a couple of real thumpers but thats life I guess, this was also my 1st run with my new aimrite supper venom n what an awsome gun well worth the coin n looks amazing under the water too. Got out of the cold water n shiverded for at least an hour wondering how the hell you guys down south spear at all as 24 is so unpleasent even the promise of more trout couldn"t get me back in that day. Found an awsome looking spot on the sounder for some bottom fishing n pulled in fish hand over fist for the next few hours, got hammered by sharks alot of the time and the big red emporer were snapping hooks like crazy so will be def looking at using owner hooks next time, by 10 that night hands were so sore we gave up n slept. Went home the next morn with 2x 100L esky's full and half a 62L esky full. If some 1 could tell me how too I'll post up some pics for you'se to see

Re: 1st RUN FOR AIMRITE

Which reef did you end up deciding on??

Done them all Bram Brit n Trunk didnt get to rib yet again as needed to get the fish back in as ice was running low

Try the PEtackle hooks, as strong if not stronger than an owner... www.petackle.com

Sounds like an awesome trip by the way! Bit of spearing and fishing is always a good combo.

Anthony

sounds like a great trip out. for hooks try gama's. They're all I use, and have never broken or straightened one on anything to find my bait including reds over 10kg, big trout, GT's etc

I'll have to give them both a try thanks guys. Was very frustrating having hooks snap n just as bad having them spat out on the surface