Thread: 3-6kg 7 ft spin suggestions?

3-6kg 7 ft spin suggestions?

Hi im going to a 3-6kg spin outfit for snaps with a 4000 stradic possibly. My mates have showing me up on light gear of late

Any suggestionson what 3-6kg 7fter is the go, im thinking a t curve as i have a 10-15 t curve and love it.

Around the $200-$300 range.

Cheers.

Re: 3-6kg 7 ft spin suggestions?

Check out the Egrell Range, they're just a tad over $300 but are amazing and worth it. I have the Egrell S4 which is 3-4kg with a luvias 3000 and they're matched amazingly.

Deano - I have 2 S10H Egrells with 3500HD Certates - very nice rods but I had a look at the new T-curve spin rods the other day and they look great. I would go down that road to see if you enjoy the soft plastic way.

The Tcurves are tough as nails. My Egrells both had to have all the guides replaced because of the crap originals corroding which still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. To pay that much for a rod and them have to fork out another $100 bucks was crap.

i use a daiwa saltwater and like it a lot but i am neither a plastics expert nore have i used many other rods in that weight. i have used mine with a 4000 stradic using plastics and octa jigs for snapper etc and have had no troubles. doubles up as my light metals rod outside as well.

I have a couple of Egrells and looking to get more, they are dam nice gear. I also have a t-curve flight miller design 3-7 kg baitcaster and that is a sweet rod as well. For the price difference, I dont think you could go past the t-curve hey.
    Cheers
    Steve

Both the T-Curve Snapper 701, 5-8kg or 722. 3-6kg would suit very well. If you want to save a few bucks check out the Starlo Stix Tournament Pro Max Spin, 4-7kg. Its a great rod at around $150.00
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

gary howard shikari. on the money. i got one you can look at, heaps in flotto's shed.

I have a 4 -6 kg Soft Bodz matched to a Fireblood 4000 which is a very nice light, sensitive snapper combo for 20 - 50m. Its feels that right in the hand that I don't want to put it down when I go into deeper water. I would imagine it would be a nice match to a stradic 4000 as well.
    Have not caught any big snapper on this outfit to date but did nail a 9kg NBFT which it handled nicely.
    Soft Bodz can be a quite reasonable price as well.
    Just a thought

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Deano - I have 2 S10H Egrells with 3500HD Certates - very nice rods but I had a look at the new T-curve spin rods the other day and they look great. I would go down that road to see if you enjoy the soft plastic way.

The Tcurves are tough as nails. My Egrells both had to have all the guides replaced because of the crap originals corroding which still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. To pay that much for a rod and them have to fork out another $100 bucks was crap.
    Thanks for that bit of info Greg, youd think for those $$ youd get quality guides, i know t curves have top notch guides cant fault mine my 10-15 t curve spin.

Cheers and go the cats

Quote Originally Posted by lippa View Post
    gary howard shikari. on the money. i got one you can look at, heaps in flotto's shed.
    Yeah but he aint ever going to part with that healthy collection hey And the guy doesnt even really like fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Pual44 View Post
    I have a 4 -6 kg Soft Bodz matched to a Fireblood 4000 which is a very nice light, sensitive snapper combo for 20 - 50m. Its feels that right in the hand that I don't want to put it down when I go into deeper water. I would imagine it would be a nice match to a stradic 4000 as well.
    Have not caught any big snapper on this outfit to date but did nail a 9kg NBFT which it handled nicely.
    Soft Bodz can be a quite reasonable price as well.
    Just a thought

Paul
    Sounds good mate, hey what is a NBFT?? Will check out all the rods mentioned here thanks for the advice so far

it may a bit over your budget but the Samurai reaction 302 7' at 6-12 lb awesome little rod

Dean, NBFT stands for 'Northern BlueFin tuna'.
    Good luck with the shopping
    Paul