Thread: Boondoomah Or Barambah ???????

Boondoomah Or Barambah ???????

G'day Guys ,
    we'll be makin our way up from mexico on whats become our annual pilgrimage on th 20th October . Now owing to the fish kill in Cania we need to look at either Boondooma Or Barambah for a spot of Bass fishing for 2 days . Being extreme novices to bass fishing ,which Lake do guys think will be the better option ??
    thanks in advance
    Cheers AL.

Re: Boondoomah Or Barambah ???????

. BPDam At the moment its fishing slow . Boomdooma is ok .But the 20 Oct is a ways off things can and do change. l see by another site you are staying at Proston. Try both as MJ says .Long way to come for two days of bass fishing ???

Somerset is always an option depending on your schedule.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    . BPDam At the moment its fishing slow . Boomdooma is ok .But the 20 Oct is a ways off things can and do change. l see by another site you are staying at Proston. Try both as MJ says .Long way to come for two days of bass fishing ???
    Trev , we've just put 2 days aside for bass fishing on the way up !!! We'll be in Awoonga from the 23rd untill the 30th chasin those elusive barra !!!
    From everything I've read Lake awoonga is gunna be a whole new ball game for us compared to the last 2 yrs
    cheers AL

Hi Al,I'll be at Boondooma the first week in Sept.I'll post a report on how its going.I might get out to BP not sure at this stage.
    Paulo

Thanks Paulo ,
    Any tips , hints will be much appreciated from this mexican novice on bass fishing . I have more cod gear than you can poke a stick at , but I'm not sure about the gear needed for bass !! I have Jackals ,Blades , Plastics & small yella lures & for a rod I have a 6.3ft barra arider 3-6kg with 30 lb braid . Is this good enough to give myself a shot at some Bass ????
    cheers AL

Quote Originally Posted by tednted View Post
    Thanks Paulo ,
    Any tips , hints will be much appreciated from this mexican novice on bass fishing . I have more cod gear than you can poke a stick at , but I'm not sure about the gear needed for bass !! I have Jackals ,Blades , Plastics & small yella lures & for a rod I have a 6.3ft barra arider 3-6kg with 30 lb braid . Is this good enough to give myself a shot at some Bass ????
    cheers AL
    Hi Al,30lb braid?? you hunting elephants? I've got 3 bass rigs and 10lb braid is the heaviest line the others are 8lb.Your rod will be fine,maybe have another reel spooled with say 15lb to be safe.You seem to have a good mix of lures,maybe grab a couple of poppers for a go on the surface.Apparently thers some nice yellas in there.Don't forget your redclaw traps.
    Paulo

The Bass and Yellas both like dark purple trolled around the edges ,browny green is good to

tednted, Spent 3 day at BP for one legal fish (394mm fork) and 9, 25-28cm models all fish very fat and went hard, all casting no trolling or bait used, there was a lot of fish marking deep so deep trolling may be a go for you, also put some redcraw traps in for nil return.

kev

Thanks Kev.
    Do you think it may be a little too cold for them ?? or is that just the way it is like most fishing !! as in sometimes they're on the chew & sometimes they're not !!
    cheers AL

i think a bit of both as it was cold and windy on the weekend, but i also think it is the large amount of water that came in to the dam, and the period it will take to get back to normal, with all the rotting grass and stuff in the water. i always find BP tougher fishing that boondooma, but have had great results with both over the years.
    kev