Thread: Finally woken up again, I'm back

Ausfish Platinum Member

Finally woken up again, I'm back

Gidday to all, after a bit of a break away from the fishing antics, I've decided to come back again.
    Have had a look through the forum and it is good to see all the usual names again and some new ones.
    Funny though, haven't seen anything from Agnes Jack or The Deckie, there was once when you couldn't not hear from them

Been travelling around for a few months now, and looks like we are finally settling down, but we'll know for sure in the next week or so.
    While travelling, took the girlfriend fishing and what do ya know, she then went shopping and come home with a new Diawa reel on a pink Ugly Stik. Had to be pink didn't it, I can't use it. Lucky she bought me one too, thanks to the guys a Tackle World Mackay for helping her out with the right stuff.
    She then dropped into the news agents to pick up a Womens Day (she likes the crosswords apparently) and comes out with the latest QLD Fishing Monthly, NAFA, and the North Aus Fish Finder. She reckons I have to take her back to Normanton and Karumba fishing, we were only there 4 weeks ago while touring.
    Anyway, I guess I'll be frequenting the forums again when we have coverage, and apparently my tinnie (4m Proline Angler) isn't adequate enough, so we're in the market for a new boat. She has been to the Quinnie dealer in Mackay and has fallen in love with a 530 Top Ender, but hopefully I'll hold her back a little and get to do some shopping around first, I did love my Cruise Craft.
    Lookin forward to gettin back into it,

Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Re: Finally woken up again, I'm back

Those that fish together stay together...well so far for us anyway Fishing is about to get a whole lot more expensive for you. You now have to buy 2 of everything. It gets worse when she can't be bought off with the cheap stuff any more and wants the good gear you use
    Where have you been touring? We're in the process of getting the house ready to sell so we can pack up and fish our way around the country. Any advise, tips and must see/fish destinations are welcomed. What travelling set up do you have?
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Finally woken up again, I'm back

We haven't done the fishing holiday as yet, we heading off on that in the next month or so.
    We started in February heading south from CQ, went down through Lakes Entrance, Wilsons Promontory, across the Great Ocean Road and then back up the centre.
    We then went out to Windorah, Birdsville, up to Normanton, Karumba, across the Savanah Way to Cairns, up to Cooktown, back down to Mackay and down to Armstong Beach where we are now, just out of Sarina.
    We've got an 80 Series Cruiser, pretty much set up, and we've been using our Oz Tent, as we've been places I didn't want to tow a trailer. We are looking at getting an LRV Exodus Compact Caravan and heading back out west and then up to Darwin, Kakadu, and then over to Kimberly's, but... we might have found another business to buy, so we might end up in Mackay for a few months before heading off again.
    Not too many tips to pass on for fishing, but wish I had the tinny at places, but then gotta toss up is it worth towing a boat or not. If we stay here we'll get a bigger boat for fishing this area, and convert the other one to a roof topper for touring.

Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry