Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G ( Re-born )

Re: 2010 Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G ( Re-born )

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Don't say things like that about Bruce.

Tim
    What you saying BOY, I'm gonna have to slap you big time.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Hi Murf - the sheckles for that shirt are now in your hot little hands (well that of your bank anyway).
    Cheers,
    Chris

hey, I just realised, I have not ordered a shirt, better get onto it right now.

question about the fishing guys. never fishd off 1770 before and am wondering if the best options are to head 50klms off shore or are there some vast ares of reef say 20 klms offshore whats the preferd areas most of yas fish. im heading up with marty aka captain seaweed. and am just deciding weather to take a cpl of 44's full of go juice. i will if we will be travelling great distances every day and the forecast the week prior looks good any help or info is apreciated guys send us a pm or just post it up here
    cheers Tim

Tim.

Are ya heading outside with Marty or taking out the Formosa ?

Damo.

Quote Originally Posted by burleygu View Post
    question about the fishing guys. never fishd off 1770 before and am wondering if the best options are to head 50klms off shore or are there some vast ares of reef say 20 klms offshore whats the preferd areas most of yas fish. im heading up with marty aka captain seaweed. and am just deciding weather to take a cpl of 44's full of go juice. i will if we will be travelling great distances every day and the forecast the week prior looks good any help or info is apreciated guys send us a pm or just post it up here
    cheers Tim
    Watcha heading out in?

For those lads with the smaller boats. I am keen to head out around the cliffs and rocks in the area in my 4.5 CC. Who else is interested? I am also planning to do some crabbing, even though I have been informed there is not crabs anywhere. Might even do an overnight crabbing trip.

Only 11 sleeps till my trip starts

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Tim.

Are ya heading outside with Marty or taking out the Formosa ?

Damo.
    Damo,
    Both boats coming up mate. The formosa and the Noble. Cant wait mate, is the Riptide all good to go? Has anyone got good marks out there ? Tim and I have 2 boxes to tick. Big Reds and some Coral Trout.

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    hey, I just realised, I have not ordered a shirt, better get onto it right now.
    and faster

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Damo,
    Both boats coming up mate. The formosa and the Noble. Cant wait mate, is the Riptide all good to go? Has anyone got good marks out there ? Tim and I have 2 boxes to tick. Big Reds and some Coral Trout.

Marty
    did those GPS marks work Marty? and did you get the emailed hard copy?

and Tim if the weather plays ball then most head straight out to the outer reef for an overnighter or two

there are some Spanish to be had around 1770 headland and also a fish with a pointy nose was hooked out a few kms on the bait ground last year I think???

you can do the run North for a fish and duck into the creek (whats its name?) for a dive or just a relax

I sent Marty a heap of GPS marks for starters (thanks to the organisers of this M&G in previous years)

cheers Murf

all good pappa Murph!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Damo,

Marty
    Marty,

I had my 5.2m Formosa up there a couple of years ago and fished in close 25klms up or down from from 1770 and did well, The trip out wide to say Boult reef is a looong way 60 odd klms, so didn't venture that far. Definatly doable, just need the weather.

There was a booklet floating around years ago with generic marks which are on the home puter, will dig them out when back. Also marks for livies just outside the bar which were plentiful last year.

If heading wide there's a general ring around to see who's heading where and doing what generally on the cook of night.

When are you guys heading up ?

hey guys will be heading out with marty but there may be the days were myself and or others would prefer to explore the inlet of 1770 chucking some placcys and what not. i will either have my 5.2 cc formosa or my 4.75 bluefin am unsure yet. but from what you guys are saying the wider the better? if the weather is looking good i will be taking sum 44's up i think' not purely for the saving of a few bucks but just for a cpl of afternoons not having to do the servo trick

i beleive we are heading up first thing friday morning black rat looking very much forward to it..

there is a sandbank in the inlet there you have to watch out for, Damo didnt shout loud enough

As per Damos post, his 5.2 Formosa we got out a fair way, i remember we even took it up a few creeks one day, had a bit of a push and shove reckon i would take the 5.2 CC
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    did those GPS marks work Marty? and did you get the emailed hard copy?

and Tim if the weather plays ball then most head straight out to the outer reef for an overnighter or two

there are some Spanish to be had around 1770 headland and also a fish with a pointy nose was hooked out a few kms on the bait ground last year I think???

you can do the run North for a fish and duck into the creek (whats its name?) for a dive or just a relax

I sent Marty a heap of GPS marks for starters (thanks to the organisers of this M&G in previous years)

cheers Murf
    marlin1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by burleygu View Post
    hey guys will be heading out with marty but there may be the days were myself and or others would prefer to explore the inlet of 1770 chucking some placcys and what not. i will either have my 5.2 cc formosa or my 4.75 bluefin am unsure yet. but from what you guys are saying the wider the better? if the weather is looking good i will be taking sum 44's up i think' not purely for the saving of a few bucks but just for a cpl of afternoons not having to do the servo trick

i beleive we are heading up first thing friday morning black rat looking very much forward to it..
    Tim if you are fishing with Marty in the big boat all the out wide stuff would be covered so your BlueFin (top boat by the way ) would be better in the creeks

the booklet that the Black_Rat talks about is what I emailed Marty

cheers Murf