Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G ( Re-born )

Re: 2010 Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G ( Re-born )

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    20ft half cab 200 etec.
    Geez, better warn up Round Hill - they'll be needing the towing gear!!!

Cheers,

tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Right

JD hasn't got his new boat / won't have his new boat for the M&G, so I have had to pull mine off the market so we can get about, not to far out though .

As for parties at houses, turn up when ever you like and we'll have a drink

Newb's
    How are you for deckies

We are leaving here on the Friday arvo to rock up at Damo's or Stuies, and then travel up with them and Wardy Saturday.

Can't fishing wait

Will be good to catch up.

See you all shortly

Rob T
    I think I am full but not sure yet.
    Will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 21-08-2010 at 07:55 AM.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Hi Darren,
    I sussed out the courtesy bus for the pub and they are more than happy to pick us up from 1770 and go to Agnes pub. If you want we can pick you guys up along the way through??

Marty
    0448 833 117
    You might as well plan PLENTY of onshore activities because if you are counting on your HDS10 unit to get you out, in and find decent bottom your gonna be sadly out on the limb.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

So, what is the long term weather prediction for the meet? Last year we had a running commentary on what to expect.

Newb's, are you going to go outside and stick you finger in the air again and jag it?

Going by the year in so far in Brisbane, I would say wind wind and more wind, hell I hope I'm bloody wrong. I just want to go fishing............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I have a weather prediction

Yee Haa......................
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    You might as well plan PLENTY of onshore activities because if you are counting on your HDS10 unit to get you out, in and find decent bottom your gonna be sadly out on the limb.
    Ha ha Hope not! I will bring a drag ne just in case! If it does fail you may be able to put me on the right guys to talk to

Marty

Heck Yes!!! Thats my RDO weekend.

Anyone got a patch of verandah I can throw a swag on for the night, possibly my brother too?

I can only come up for Friday/Saturday/Leave sunday....

Oh and I can cook, and willing to cook for the chilli cook off, be warned, its HOT!

Main thing to do on the way out is to plot and store a good safe track so that if you do plan on staying out overnight, but something happens, you can safely and confidently come back in over the bar in the dark.

I consider it a fairly good entrance for trailer boats to cross at anytime, but it is relatively narrow with sand on one side and a rock face on the other.

Sure, a track cannot be relied upon on it's own but jeez it helps when very dark.

Back at the 2006 M&G we had to come back in at 3am after one on board got seriously ill, not something you want to do but sometimes have to do.

Has anyone done the reflective tape thingy on the last buoy as was earlier discussed?

- Darren

Quote Originally Posted by MY-TopEnder View Post
    Heck Yes!!! Thats my RDO weekend.

Anyone got a patch of verandah I can throw a swag on for the night, possibly my brother too?

I can only come up for Friday/Saturday/Leave sunday....

Oh and I can cook, and willing to cook for the chilli cook off, be warned, its HOT!
    Be at the pub Friday night for dinner. Someone'll have room, bank on it.

Darren, got your details. Yes, we came in on a black night last year. Even with radar it was spooky. Using Rhys' Flamin' Riptide this year, no radar, but Plateys can take a few knocks, huh?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Be at the pub Friday night for dinner. Someone'll have room, bank on it.

Darren, got your details. Yes, we came in on a black night last year. Even with radar it was spooky. Using Rhys' Flamin' Riptide this year, no radar, but Plateys can take a few knocks, huh?

Cheers,

Tim
    Comming back in last year .......

Skipper "Where's that green marker?"

"Over there to the left skip!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post

Has anyone done the reflective tape thingy on the last buoy as was earlier discussed?

- Darren
    There is now some green reflective badges on the buoy. Still not enough IMO.

That tape will be taken to Agnes and it will somehow attach itself to the buoy.

I find it easier to " plot " a mark at the buoy on the way out and then plot a mark about 100 -200 mtrs out as a setup point. Probably best to plot ALL buoys in the channel as last time I came in with no moon, it was an issue to find the next red or green and they do move them. A very good bright flood light will assist.

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Ha ha Hope not! I will bring a drag ne just in case! If it does fail you may be able to put me on the right guys to talk to

Marty
    Mine worked really well off 1770 Marty - you'll be fine - enjoy.

Check out around the way point here for the 80-100m drop - it's a mark worth closer attention.

Also looks like you have good people installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    There is now some green reflective badges on the buoy. Still not enough IMO.

That tape will be taken to Agnes and it will somehow attach itself to the buoy.

I find it easier to " plot " a mark at the buoy on the way out and then plot a mark about 100 -200 mtrs out as a setup point. Probably best to plot ALL buoys in the channel as last time I came in with no moon, it was an issue to find the next red or green and they do move them. A very good bright flood light will assist.

LP
    Have you get any reflective tape yet? I have to do a job next week with red reflective vinyl, maybe I could ask for sample of green too.

Yes, as per post 42, I have tape. Silver...............