Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G ( Re-born )

Re: 2010 Agnes Water/ 1770 M & G ( Re-born )

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    yep yep thats the one

and the name of the creek is Pancake Cr ?

pelagics out around the bommies off Bustard head too

cheers Murf

Hi all

Theres a fare lump of rock a bit further north from bustad head, I think it's where the charter guy's go instead of out wide. Timiboy may have the marks, I've asked for it and hopefully will get it at the cook off.

About seven k's out is the Cetaca reck, suposedly good for large Cobia, I was smashed three times in ten minutes the first year there.

Around 30/40 k's north is the Barcoola reck another great spot I ran into Black-rat out there the first year I was up.
    You have the 7 mile marks and the 9 mile.

The creek Murf's talking about is Pancake, the other side of bustad head about 22/24 k's north, it has an Inland? reef, ment to be good for Queenies and such
    I've done these in my 4.75 cc and by the looks of it will do again this year, (unless the bride lashess out and buys me a new boat.

Speaking of which

Chong how far from Harvey bay are you, any chance of rocking down to Buccaneers and checking out a Quintrex 610 with honda 150 on it for me

Hope this all helps the first timers and it's only 17 sleeps for me also as we're leaving Coutts on the Thursday, staying at Deitas, then up to Agnes Friday for the early M&G at the Tavern on the Friday night and I'll have your bottle of girly rum rat

Cheers
    Rob T

Quote Originally Posted by burleygu View Post
    . but from what you guys are saying the wider the better? if the weather is looking good i will be taking sum 44's up i think' not purely for the saving of a few bucks but just for a cpl of afternoons not having to do the servo trick

i.
    The servo opens at 5am and shuts about 9pm. Bulk ice is there as well as kingsize hamburgers. It has a cafe attached.

Round trip for the wide grounds will take in about 200k's minimum, but that would include drifting for fish. I have done 250k's on some occasions.

Cetacea wreck is 11.4k's from the bar.

Barcoola is 44k's from bar

Banana Gutters is SE of the bar.25k's

Bustad Head is North. ( inner, middle and outter rocks )24k's

Lady Musgrave Island is 62k's with the better fishing grounds some 8 - 10k's further out

Fitzroy Lagoon is 68k's with fishing grounds a further 3 -10 k's further out

There is plenty of ground closer to shore, but you'll need patience and local knowledge is a good thing.

All reefs and contours can be found on your map in your GPS or failing that, the Sunmap has these and is recommended.

Cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I would like to venture out wide providing the weather agrees and another boat or two in. I am also keen to fish in close, I just cant wait and want to get the hell out of Brisbane and bloody fish....on decent ground!

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    I would like to venture out wide providing the weather agrees and another boat or two in. I am also keen to fish in close, I just cant wait and want to get the hell out of Brisbane and bloody fish....on decent ground!

Marty
    There are no shortages of boats that venture out wide mate.
    I am out there for all or most of the nights anyway, weather dependant of course.
    I am sure the week will be up for discussion on the Saturday night meet and greet proper as well as the disgraceful food that the others throw together in the cookoff...

HOPEFULLY, I will have my new sounder/radar/gps by then too.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Those new components had better be Furuno and Garmin ( Like I TOLD you many times ).

Yep, Marty there will be a crowd out there. Hope you like AC/DC ? hey Newbs ?

Marty
    I hear ya Marty. Need desperately to break away from the humdrum and wet a line.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Hi all

Speaking of which

Chong how far from Harvey bay are you, any chance of rocking down to Buccaneers and checking out a Quintrex 610 with honda 150 on it for me

Cheers
    Rob T
    Rob,
    Hervey Bay is 30 min down rd, a quintrex?, really?,ok i can go if you like, pm details.
    Cheers

All going well I should arrive at Agnes with my sidekick Thurday night the 9th.

Unfortunately will only be a weekend job for me and back to Brisbane sometime Sunday.

Anyway, will make the best of a short stay, usually pretty good the first few days whilst everyone is still full of beans, all seem to slow by the end of the week.

Cheers

Paul

If you have a boat that can safely travel out to the reefs, then i think it a massive missed opportunity if you do not plan on going out and staying ovenight in the safe haven lagoons of either Lady Musgrave Island or Fitzroy Reef.

Fuel wise, we have 300 litres under floor and we take additional jerry cans with us so that we can stay out longer and travel further if we need to.

As mentioned earlier we wait all year to get out and do this, last thing you want to have to do is to have to head back in early due to shortage of fuel, ice or bait.

- Darren

i hear ya darren myself and captain seaweed aka marty have our sights set on some big reds so motoring around finding them is part of the process i guess. im pretty sure marty is keen to do an overnighter youll have to hit us up once we are all up there and let us know what night you plan on heading out im sure we will be up for the trip also

Tim, I will be there. We will be carrying 360L underfloor and probably another 100 as spare. I am really looking at hitting wide marks. Safety is paramount so we wont be too far from Newby and his floating hotel . Anyway looking at getting some freshwater on there for a scrub and a cooker for a feed. Cant wait Tim should be a great trip.

Marty

We take one of those little gas burners that runs on the pressure pack gas cans.

Tucker usually includes frozen fried rice packets, snags, steaks, roast chooks, bread rolls, deli coleslaw, tinned corn, SPC fruit thingy's (peaches, fruit salad etc).
    Gotta keep good tucker in your tummy, and gotta keep your fibre up to keep your arse working out there!!

Sure there is the drink as well, but to be honest we primarily leave the grog drinking to when we get back on land.

When we are out we are out to fish. Not to say we don't relax in the lagoons as well when we are all stuffed. We take snorkel and flippers and will have a dip when we feel like it.

Without this sort of stuff I don't think you can effectively stay out for 3 days.

Plenty of bottled water, plenty of ice in the fish cooler, plenty of ice in the drink cooler, and ice into containers in the food cooler. And plenty of seasick pills and don't forget the panadol for those dehydration headaches that can hit you.

Sounds a bit tough but this is our 5th consecutive year and we wouldn't miss getting out amongst it for anything.

- Darren

I reckon you're right Darren. If ya play hard out there you are usually rewarded.

not long now.

LP.

Marty
    There is no decent ground up there, what are you on about???

Definitely no reds either.... Vertico and I have caught em all hahahaha