Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im after a bit...

Im after a bit...

Would any of you good gentelmen have any idea where i might be able to get some of the white, PVC rectangle stuff like is used on light boards??? about 1,8m of the stuff??

cheers

Re: Im after a bit...

Me too.

ooops not what i thought it was about.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I have seen guys use the plastic boxing stuff for lightboard beams, presume any of the major tool places like tradetools would have it.
    I used aluminium 4x1 box for my last one, worked a treat.
    Jack.

mate, i went to three aluminium places this arvy.....arvy pffffff, and none of them had anything close. im thinking i may have to go to one of the larger places for that sort of size.

cheers

100mm x 25mm x 1.6 - 6.5 mtr lenghts @ Alspec.
    or try a commercial window manufacturer and or domestic window maker.
    Bradnams- G James etc.

i assumed somethign else when I saw the thread heading. I thoguht we would have to pass the hat and take you out seeing how you were loking for a bit........LMAO...................... typical males dirty mind i guess...............

Mike

Do you mean about guide post lenght?

Bunnings has it but its dear there ,is perspex your after.

first off, steeler, MM your are right, the ol girl has been away for the last 3 weeks on a cruse around aust and bali, gets back this weekend.
    anyway, what i was after is the 1.6m lenghts of the same stuff light boards are made from, the white PVC. went to bunnings and masters for zip.
    so after what jack said about the alloy i went serching and so far zilch. one of the places this afternoon said ulrich aluminium down at burleigh will have what im after so ill give them ago tomorrow.
    I am making a light board but have a brand new set of lights, the cable, rego sticker holder, and some reflectors just need the board.

cheers

What about using 100mm pvc pipe [only costs $18 for 6m]

Or wait till im back on Tuesday and i will give you 2 meters

Go to Supercrap Auto, buy one of the ones they sell already made up, rip off the crap lights and fit the ones you have.
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Wayno i have a light board you can have, i will send it down with the wife on sunday it just needs a new plug.

If I was after a bit I would get wood.

thanks lee that would be great.

the one i have now is wood/Ply and its starting to delam.

cheers guys.

Hey lee,
    Gave it a bath, screwed on the number plate and the rego sticker, bolted two brackets to it, fitted a flat 7 and works like a beaut.

how did you go over at moreton??

thanks again

cheers