Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My new boat - almost done!!!!

Re: My new boat - almost done!!!!

looks like a great setup.. I haven't read the rest of the post so you've probably already answered this question but are you going to paint the floor or put anything down on it ?

It'll burn your feet otherwise on a hot day.. !

Quote Originally Posted by FishHunter View Post
    That looks very good, just waiting for the etc haters to climb aboard
    Haha yeah I'm sure they will.

Richard I made it chequer plate so that it is easier to clean, I got a fisher centre console made a few years back with the same floor and it was only on extreme days that the floor got too hot, the water did a pretty good job of sucking the heat out. I can always put mats or capret down if it does, I will just see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt76 View Post
    Haha yeah I'm sure they will.

Richard I made it chequer plate so that it is easier to clean, I got a fisher centre console made a few years back with the same floor and it was only on extreme days that the floor got too hot, the water did a pretty good job of sucking the heat out. I can always put mats or capret down if it does, I will just see how it goes.
    Matty,, she's a real head turner my friend, the attention to detail like the curved bow rail strut's would take allot of time, great to see you builder is using their initiative, instead of being yet another copy cat.

In the past I've used a rubber 'tube' mat from Clark Rubber found it very user friendly & good for the tender footed folk.

IMHO the Etec is worth a go especially in the later years, but don't agree with trying to drop the leg of after 300hrs, that's just insane!
    Cheers
    HnG
    Hunt CQ , Fish NQ. Yeah Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt-N-Gather View Post
    Matty,, she's a real head turner my friend, the attention to detail like the curved bow rail strut's would take allot of time, great to see you builder is using their initiative, instead of being yet another copy cat.

In the past I've used a rubber 'tube' mat from Clark Rubber found it very user friendly & good for the tender footed folk.

IMHO the Etec is worth a go especially in the later years, but don't agree with trying to drop the leg of after 300hrs, that's just insane!
    Cheers
    HnG
    Thanks mate,

Those little attention detail things is what attracted me to Performance Plate, There are little bits like that all over the boat that a lot of other manufacturers don't even think about or don't spend the time doing.

I'll check out that rubber mat, cheers.

First fishing trip in it yesterday, in a local bream comp at Toorbul. The boat went fantastic, plenty of room to fish the 4 of us out of, I couldn't be happier. The 150 pushes it along more than adequately (as it should!) it cruises at 50km/h at about 3600 rpm, gotta be happy with that.

A big thank you to Sam at Performance Plate Boats. I would recommend him to anyone wishing to get a boat made.

Also huge thanks to Pete at Valet Boat Services for doing a sensational job of fitting it out. His work is spot on and he is really easy to deal with.

very nice looking boat, congrats

looks pretty sweet, very jealous. the 150 must hammer along

Good to see it on the water Matt.
    Thanks for your kind comments and it was our pleasure to fit it out for you.
    I have had so many people asking about it - everyone thinks it is an awesome boat.

You will have to get some pics of the interior lighting at night, I think that will just tip people over the edge on the bling factor

Cheers

Pete

Niiice rig Matt - like it a lot!

Cruising @ 50km/h@3600....whats she do at wot?!?!

Mick

Well done matt,that's a boat you certainly can be proud of,many happy hours of boating and fishing to ya! Bloody nice.

Very nice looking boat Matt, makes me wonder what plan A was.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin View Post

You will have to get some pics of the interior lighting at night, I think that will just tip people over the edge on the bling factor

Cheers

Pete
    Like this mate:

[URL=http://img43.imageshack.us/i/photo8sq.jpg/]

I havent got any pics of the baitboard lights, they are awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by frankgrimes View Post
    Niiice rig Matt - like it a lot!

Cruising @ 50km/h@3600....whats she do at wot?!?!

Mick
    Does 80km/h WOT mate. I have only given it full revs once in the pine river, havent mucked around with trimming it up and getting max speed yet.

Some more of Valet's superb work:

Beautiful boat Matt,
    You are in my part of the woods there around Bribie so I'll keep and eye out for you.

Nice electrics Pete, good to see, and a bit rare in many boats. Me being an electrician, I really appreciate tidy and quality work like that.
    Although looked like one cable tie cut off end left in there