Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: My new boat - almost done!!!!

Re: My new boat - almost done!!!!

Hi Matt,
    Really nice job. Did you say you built the trailer yourself? Can you refer us to any websites on how you go about a DIY trailer?

Cheers,
    Steve

Will you lot shut up and let the man post up more pictures!!! :p

Awesome looking boat mate, So jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt76 View Post
    Plan B the second? lol

Yeah mate it really looks like it will be an easy conversion, if we didnt narrow the gunnels up it would have been even easier but the cabin would have been too skinny. Would have been much better if I hadnt painted the hull, Oh well live and learn

Sam at Performance Plate Boats is an absolute wizz, I cannot wait to see it finished.

Pete from Valet Boat Services will get the exciting job of hooking all the wiring up again, I bet he is looking forward to that one haha. A few things I have learnt along the way with this boat build is how getting the right people for the job can make such a difference. Valet did the electrics hook up and the job was so neat I was able to go through and unhook all the electrics to rip the console out and everything was laid out so neat and organised I could find where everything went, and for a gumby like me, that is a feat!

Should have something to take photo of in the next couple of days.

Awsome stuff and it is true what you say you need to have the right people on the Job seeing all these boat building threads is making me think about have my own built myself I have been looking at those origin boats out here in clontarf they look to be very well built I am pretty sure they doa 5mtr+ centre cab to as for the paint that should be easy enough to touch up. And as for the electric's Pete and the boys at Valet Boat services will definatly have that covered I hear nothing but positive reports on their workmanship. never stop leaning with boat mate I am on my second one now and if I had my time again I would more than likely ended up with a Platey.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidlet View Post
    Will be very interesting to watch this conversion,and im sure the grand marlin cant wait for sprays to come after electric photos are posted!!!
    Cheers chris.

I would not worry about it opinions are like arsehole's everyone has one everyone does thing's their own way if you do not like the way someone does something then you will know not to use them. A mate of mine is one of the best Minkota Tech's in Australia and he even still has people trying to tell him how to do his job he just tells them to Get F'd. He is good at his job and that is all that matters to him and BLA and it's customers know it he does not care what anyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt76 View Post
    Change of plan, instead of selling my baby we have set about turning it into a centre cab!

Have so far cut the hard top off (anyone want to buy a hard top?) cut the middle of the raised floor out and cut out the gunnels to narrow them up to make room to walk around. I will add some pics this arvo!
    Matt76 good to hear you have decided to keep her rather than the other option. All the best with the transformation mate it will be interesting to see the pic's.
    Cheers Axl

Nothing too interesting to see yet but a a couple of picks to keep you lot entertained

The very first cut, off with the roof!

Roof off, console removed, cutting out the middle of the raised floor.

Floor cut out and gunnels cut back

Quote Originally Posted by stevemid View Post
    Hi Matt,
    Really nice job. Did you say you built the trailer yourself? Can you refer us to any websites on how you go about a DIY trailer?

Cheers,
    Steve
    I didnt come across any DIY sites as such, I just copied off some others and got Active Fabrications at Beenliegh to supply all the bits I needed to bolt onto the chassis.

Well their no turning back now!!!! keep the updates flowing.
    Cheers Chris.

Good thread Matt. Did you buy the new suzuki new or second hand like your e-tec. You've taken on an awesome project and the photos are great - keep them coming. Cheers, Darren

Bought the Suzuki second hand mate. 300 hours, it's still a nice sweet motor. Will get a newy one day.