Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theft alert with a twist – Manly and beyond – Beware!

Theft alert with a twist – Manly and beyond – Beware!

Hi all,
    Amongst a handful of PBA club boats that went out for a fish last Sunday 25th, a couple left from Manly, and one of them was the unfortunate recipient of some lowlife mongrel(s) particular attention(s) with a pretty cunning MO.

After launching around 5am fellow ‘Ausfisher’ (bobp) parked his rig about where the red circle is in the attached. His is a Silver Triton GLX-R dual cab Ute with about a 2” lift (I think) and bigish tyres, hooked up to a Dunbier MR trailer (suit 6.25m boat). He was parked alongside another PBA rig, a red commodore (VT ???) and trailer for a ~5.5m boat.

Sometime later (not sure of exact timing) thieves broke the passenger front window & took the service book out of the glove box, leaving good sunglasses, a brand new bilge pump and some other stuff in plain sight in the car. This would have been a big enough PITA to come back to (~4pm at Manly), but when he got home (Meadowbrook) he found that someone had also gone through his boat shed and house – and it then all clicked. Obviously they used the address in his service book to go straight to his house (we assume, too much coincidence otherwise).

Fortunately (it seems) they were disturbed by neighbours and didn’t get much from the house, but went through his boat shed and took a lot of gear.

Bob is working out a detailed list of what was taken and will post sometime later in the Lost/Stolen section. In the meantime, if you were around Manly that day and maybe noticed someone lurking around looking suspicious etc, please send me or BobP a PM as your information may help.

Otherwise beware and do not leave any documentation in your car that may lead someone to your house while you are out in the boat.

Cheers
    Brendon
    Last edited by gofishin; 30-07-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Oops, pic added!

Re: Theft alert with a twist – Manly and beyond – Beware!

Thats sad there certainly are some scum out there thanks for the heads up.
    Cheers Axl

Leaving a sticky note on the book saying "my sons are at home with the dogs."

This is really disturbing. Poor Bob, it must be an awful feeling.

Cheers,

tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

now that's as low as a snakes belly button.
    They'd get a shock coming here and seeing the dogs.
    It would be big waste of fuel.

I wonder what Anna Bligh's address is so I put that in the glovebox??
    She'll know what it's like to be robbed blind then as well.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    now that's as low as a snakes belly button.
    They'd get a shock coming here and seeing the dogs.
    It would be big waste of fuel.

I wonder what Anna Bligh's address is so I put that in the glovebox??
    She'll know what it's like to be robbed blind then as well.
    Finga not point in giving Anna's address i hear its on the market like every thing else in Qld

Pity about Bob being knocked off i know my wife and her friends are at home when i go fishing.

shane

There are some low lifes out and about!

We were advised years ago to never leave the service books etc in the glove box.

Apart from this incident it apparently makes stolen cars much easier to rebirth / sell etc.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

I just went and checked the address and details in my log book.

I love to be there when they broke in the read it. It might well be worth a new window.

Owner's Name: Commissioner of Police
    Street/Suburb: 100 Roma Street
    City: Brisbane
    Postcode: 4001

I tried to work out how to use the scanner but I'm but a mere male.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Bought my rig secondhand, the name in the book is still the other bloke, so they will be fresh out of luck. But will be removing all paperwork with address on it.

They would still have fun getting past the dogs though!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

With high tech being so low cost, why aren't there discretely placed webcams at every public car park, especially at boat ramps? This would help police enormously...

Probably because Terry O'Gorman and his dogooder civil libertarians would have a hissy fit!

Regs

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    ...why aren't there discretely placed webcams at every public car park, especially at boat ramps...
    'Cause there's no money to be made from it ... much better to put up more speed cameras!

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizard View Post
    'Cause there's no money to be made from it ... much better to put up more speed cameras!
    Maybe they could install speed cameras at the boat ramps and catch the really fast crooks

A mate has just install cameras in his house and yard, if they had done it to him he could have given the police the evidence they need to charge the low life with damaging the car and breaking into the house.

Ian

One of the boys in Darwin had a house break in while he was at work and his Mrs in the house somewhere. Very common. The scumbag stole her handbag with wallet,cards,phones etc. The hubby got an SMS from his "Mrs" phone saying she had forgotten the pin number. So the thief got the pin and helped himself.

Some low life scum out there for sure. 3 days ago in brought daylight while I was at work, Mrs and baby at home some low life came into my yard and tried doing something to my boat. There was a load thud, something hitting the alloy. The dog started going crazy and as the Mrs opened the front door she saw him running away towards his car and he took off down the street. Lucky nothing was taken but it really makes my blood boil putting my wife and daughter in a situation like that.

Hi, but dont you have to carry your rego papers in the vehicle, the ones that you peel the sticker off

Briannes, that was my thought also but since they started putting the vehicle rego number and details on the rego sticker I thought that might have stopped. Bloody mongrel act all the same. My brother locks his glove box, I tried it but it became a pain in the proverbial.