Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Theft alert with a twist – Manly and beyond – Beware!

Re: Theft alert with a twist – Manly and beyond – Beware!

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I have never heard of that one..all the rego papers for cars and boat are all in the safe at home..never have them in the car.
    It was actually stated on the rego paper work many years ago (maybe showing my age now) that the associated paperwork had to be kept with the vehicle but it is no longer there as we have moved forward with technology.

Ausfish Platinum Member

This is one of the reasons why I don't like having my name and address on my crab pots either. Sitting in the boat at the ramp, or at the tackle shop on the way, anyone can read it.

Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Quote Originally Posted by Defore View Post
    A mate has just install cameras in his house and yard, if they had done it to him he could have given the police the evidence they need to charge the low life with damaging the car and breaking into the house.

Ian
    Your mate may have to get them to sign a 'Media Release Form' , but seriously ....
    Gone are the days when you went out with your doors open!

On your pots put your name and last initial and boat rego and mob that is all that is needed (dpi told me this) And also a quick note as well- recieved a call yesterdayclaimning to be from a "respectible business" (wont mention any names) asking οs this steven i say yes then can you confirm your last name and date of birth for security. needless to say i told the person to get %$^%$# and hung up!! ALOT of ppl fall for this type of scam for IDs, i also called the authorities and reported the call and gave details. The world is full of mongrels like this.
    AnGRy