Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is it me that's slow or Ausfish?

Re: Is it me that's slow or Ausfish?

Hi all

I finally bit the bullet and did the free upgrade from Internet Explorer 7 to IE8. Took 15 minutes to download and install.

I can confirm that Ausfish now loads almost instantly!

If you want to do it, in IE7 click on the Tools list in the header and select Windows Update and follow the prompts, select IE8 upgrade and away you go.

So those of you running earlier versions, suggest you give IE8 a go. It may well solve the problem.

Cheers

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by ahamay View Post
    Also, whatever this link is, get rid of it. Again I think it's to do with the ad serving. it's not working properly and causes the page to load slowly. Could even be the main part of the problem.

http://acvs.mediaonenetwork.net/client/pixel.gif
    Further to this, if you goto this URL -> http://www.mediaonenetwork.net/ you get the following message:

MediaOne Network

This site is down for maintenance. Please check back again soon.

This loads on every page and will eventually time-out. You can then get the rest of the page to load as well as the javascript drop down menus etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    I finally bit the bullet and did the free upgrade from Internet Explorer 7 to IE8. Took 15 minutes to download and install.
    So those of you running earlier versions, suggest you give IE8 a go. It may well solve the problem.

Cheers

Grant
    Upgrading to IE8 can create other problems with software you have running if it's not compatible.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

For those that don't want to go through the process of changing browsers or ad-blocking etc there is a simple way to block the mediaonenetwork.net site on your pc (which appears to be down and causing the delays in loading pages).

edit the hosts file in your \windows\system32\drivers\etc folder and add the following:

127.0.0.1 acvs.mediaonenetwork.net

save it.

Browse ausfish at speed like it used to be.