Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Redclaw in Winter

Re: Redclaw in Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Bondy, ol' mate. Where is this spot? I promise I won't tell more than a dozen blokes?

Pero, the ol' spot is the water champ about 8 metres below

Quote Originally Posted by ross_woody View Post
    Bondy, Looks like you had a great day. Good to see your getting into them. Do you think the raised water levels has improve teh catch ???? Woody
    G'day Ross Woody,

Yeah it was good day, could have been a tad better but very wrapped.

No doubt the water levels would have stirred the claw with more tucker . You can bet London to a brick on the recent rain event was the clencher that was needed.

Yet again, another fine claw.

This time a local resident decided to go for a swim, see pic

Good going Bondy !! Beware of the rope that swims !!

Just returned from a few days crawing at Somerset Dam. Moved the traps around a bit but ended up going well. Not many of the mega size ones (35 + cm) but plenty of mid size stuff. Up to 20 a trap for overnight soak.
    We caught them in all depths from 8 - 24 feet.

Traps were robbed as soon as the weekend arrived when all the filthy, 2 headed thieving scum get out to the Dam.

Regards
    Craigie

G'day Craigie,

Good to hear from you. Good to know you managed a feed, yeah depth would vary with the effect of water level no doubt.

I know too well what you mean about the scumbags the bastards.

Would be nice if the swimming rope got hold of them hey!

Might catch up with you one day.

Still waiting to sink a few pots for a good feed of muddies.

Send me a pm when you want to go and I'll chip in towards fuel.

Let me know how much rope is needed.

Cheers, Peter

Heyyyyy Bondy,
    I hear you've been slaying the Redclaw lately. Are you lying low to avoid attention?
    I hear you picked up almost 200 last weekend.
    Why haven't we had a report?????

Oyeeee Pero,

Redclaw, hmmm, must be a leak somewhere in that dam.

Close to 220 , would have been more but some sharefarmer (who I'd like to catch) already collected the bounty. They must be up very early before the birds or late at night.

Old fella reckons set a trap and use night vision goggles and throw some white phosphorus their way , they might see the light then.

Might get some bigger redclaw later and I'll post a report

Been a lot of claw caught from the dam last week, must have got close to 240 last week. I'll post the pic of a nice claw in the next day or two

We sunk a heap of pots last time at Sommerset and a few looked as though they were torn and left open. We thought the eels had got in as the other pots were full.

Jas

DaCrabMan,

Lots of water rats out there, not just 4 legged types. No eels as far as I'm aware in that dam. I'm sure Rayke will let us know if there is any eels or not as he is there very frequently and would have caught one by now if there is any around.

How about it Rayke, Can you confirm about eels?

Bondy

Hey Guys,
    Every second person down here is gearing up for Redclaw fishing in SE QLD dams up your way.
    Fishing down here is piss poor due to overfishing and now they are heading your way.
    Pest or not, the Redclaw are still a resource that is getting alot of attention at the moment and are thick and have no bag limit in SE QLD.
    The freezer fillers are coming
    Cheers, steve

Have only had one eel in redclaw pots in 10 years at NPD but have caught a about 4 on bait. The redclaw have been very quiet with the cold weather but have started to pick up a bit in last week. Got 60 in 8 pots or 3 day soak so hopefully they are on the way back. Reports of lots of small ones in shrimp traps.
    Cheers
    Ray

Thanks for that Ray,

Would be nice to get nice eel fora chance, very tasty.

Oye Rabbi,

I tried to send you a message two weeks ago but your accout is set up not to accept personal messages.
    Bondy