Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Redclaw in Winter

Re: Redclaw in Winter

G'day Rayken,

Excellent catch, those trees look very familiar. I was looking at the spot earlier.

I take it your'e a member of one of the fishing clubs there.

I reckon you could do better if you soak overnight. Great catch just the same.

Cheers, Peter

Peter
    I have a boating permit for NPD. Best $100 I have ever spent. For some reason I always seem to get larger redclaw in the daytime. Not as many as an overnight soak but there are always lots of smaller ones from overnight and seeing that you are not allowed to return them to the water they are a real pain to clean for very little result.
    The bass are also going quite well at the moment, 9 yesterday and 8 on Friday smallest 40cm.
    heers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Peter
    I have a boating permit for NPD. Best $100 I have ever spent. For some reason I always seem to get larger redclaw in the daytime. Not as many as an overnight soak but there are always lots of smaller ones from overnight and seeing that you are not allowed to return them to the water they are a real pain to clean for very little result.
    The bass are also going quite well at the moment, 9 yesterday and 8 on Friday smallest 40cm.
    heers
    Ray
    Pete and I might have to give npd a burl. Wwho do we get a permit from at npd? Why is it $100 and is it only electrics?
    PM pete or myself. Cheers.

Peter
    heers
    Ray

G'day Ray.

Just sent you a pm. Is the permit from the local boat club or Ranger's office at NPD? Sunwater or whatever they call themselves?

Yeah, I know what you mean about the small ones.

I've never caught bass, then again never been targeting bass, only gar.

Cheers, Peter

Peter pm sent.
    Permits are avail from PRFMA all details on their website. Can arrange decky spot if you wish to tag along one day.
    Cheers
    Ray

Hello Rayken,

Do you think those redclaw will be still around after all this rain and localised flooding or would they be dispersed?

Cheers, Peter

Should still be around may have moved into shallow water. Times like this you can do ok moving through shallow water over newly covered grass with a torch at night and just scoop them up.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Hello Rayken,

Do you think those redclaw will be still around after all this rain and localised flooding or would they be dispersed?

Cheers, Peter
    Bondy mate, let me give you the drum.
    Dirty dam water, out the big redclaw come.
    No matter if the grass is inundated- they can smell the bait.
    Into Pero's trap, and now for their nemesis they wait

photo's coming

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Bondy mate, let me give you the drum.
    Dirty dam water, out the big redclaw come.
    No matter if the grass is inundated- they can smell the bait.
    Into Pero's trap, and now for their nemesis they wait

photo's coming
    Pero,

I did not know you was a poet

Should still be around may have moved into shallow water. Times like this you can do ok moving through shallow water over newly covered grass with a torch at night and just scoop them up.
    Cheers
    Ray
    G'day Ray,

I would thought these places be closed at night. I might have to get one of those underwater floodlights.

Cheers, Peter

[quote=bondy99;1214291]G'day Ray,

I would thought these places be closed at night. I might have to get one of those underwater floodlights.

Cheers, Peter[/quote
    Don't worry about night Bondy, The muddy water is like night time for the Redclaw. They are everywhere at the moment.If you can't get 10-15 a pot then your doing something wrong.
    I got these at your fav. spot at Somerset.
    Last edited by Pero; 13-10-2010 at 03:25 AM. Reason: added text

Pero,

Looks like you've been busy, I'll have to start harvesting some soon.

Well well well,

I decided to go to Somerset to see if my favourite spot is still producing

Viola, after some soaking, my beauties came to reveal themselves in all of their fiesty glory .

Pics here to show .

Pero hasn't discovered this spot or has he .

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Well well well,

I decided to go to Somerset to see if my favourite spot is still producing

Viola, after some soaking, my beauties came to reveal themselves in all of their fiesty glory .

Pics here to show .

Pero hasn't discovered this spot or has he .
    Bondy, ol' mate. Where is this spot? I promise I won't tell more than a dozen blokes?

Bondy, Looks like you had a great day. Good to see your getting into them. Do you think the raised water levels has improve teh catch ???? Woody