Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Redclaw in Winter

Re: Redclaw in Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    I am going to North Pine tomorrow to catch Peter's secret stash of redclaw.
    G'day Aussie123,

you can try, I dont give out my spot that easy, you can try Forgans but I think every person and their greyhound will be there.

Hi Peter
    I found a nice spot 2 weeks ago when I was there.
    I got about 80 large yabbies for my first try so all geared up to work the pots a bit tomorrow.
    I also bought a Go Pro video camera this week so if the waters not to dirty I am going to shove it in a trap and see what I can get on it,lol

I am going to North Pine tomorrow to catch Peter's secret stash of redclaw.

Aussie 123,

I can tell you the water is very dirty, viz is almost zero down deep.

If you come accross a remote controlled submarine, its worth over $200,000.00 property of SEQWater, it was lost last year and failed to surface and failed to call daddyo.

Pero . Will let you know how it goes at Wivenhoe two days to go

Well we spent the day there and got just over 20 Bass to 48cm,2 eel tailed carp and about 50 yabbies,no submarine.

Good to see you got some bass, eel tailed carp, or was it catfish?

Submarine would be well down by now.

lol,they were eel tail catfish but we refer to the mongrels as carp just to piss the guy off who caught one.

lol,they were eel tail catfish but we refer to the mongrels as carp just to piss the guy off who caught one.
    Yeah, that would do it, not too bad to chew on if one is desperate, takes alot to remove the muddy taste, its an aquired taste, I dont aquire the taste of old whiskers unless is has malt

Redclaw in Wivenhoe dam , next time I'll soak them overnight in a few spots that I know of, will keep my eye out for poachers this time

Bondy

I just keep getting texts from Buggy he's at wivanhoe atm and is just slaying the Red Claw 15+ per trap so i dont think you'll have any issues!!! Fishing is very slow though!!
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

G'day finding_time

Is Buggy camping near Logans camp and has a blue coloured canoe?

Fishing is slow at the dam, been very blowy and choppy yesterday.

I'll be going again soon with better preparation this time. Also going to a few other spots I have my eye on so I can sink the other ones overnight.

Cheers

Bondy,

Typically Ian was drunk again and got the info wrong - we were at Sommerset and the Redclaw were well and truly on the chew.

Will post a report soon but - yes on average it was 10 to 18 per pot per night.

Some crackers as well.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Bondy,

Typically Ian was drunk again and got the info wrong - we were at Sommerset and the Redclaw were well and truly on the chew.

Will post a report soon but - yes on average it was 10 to 18 per pot per night.

Some crackers as well.

Brett
    Bugman (Brett).

Ah, Sommerset, yeah, you would nail them there, Great going. There are some big claws in that area, I'm trying to get in there soon.

I see the ol' liquid amber and spirit would do that. unless you got your own brew. no hangs or red blotches as all the fuseoils are disposed of.

Catch ya

Aussie123,

How's your other boat going? Have you been out on Sommerset?

Did you kept the redclaw or made a feast with it?

Might have to sink a few and overnight and check some during the day.

Hey Peter
    I havnt been back over there this week.
    I have been busy working on my fish tanks this week as I am going barra fishing next week for 3 weeks.
    Had to get all the little jobs done to make it easier for my mate who is going to look after all the tanks and fish while I am gone.