Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Redclaw in Winter

Re: Redclaw in Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    no Idea there.
    If the dam levels have risen lately they are bound to recover.
    I can guarantee they are in Fairbairn dam. The dam is so large and Emerald is so sparsely populated that they will be thick as ever.
    Hey Bondy, Did you get that biggen ' in the spot you told me about last month?
    Pero

Yeah mate, that was one of them, his cousin is still lurking there.

Still the go but watch out for the phantom, mongrel comes out from nowhere or they have binoculars from a distance

Peter

bondy, is the expert there , mate. Ask the "Amazing"Bondy.
    Pero all I can say they are in various depths of water but also in places where you would least expect

Cheers gents , ill give you a bell for sure randell . you should drag scotties ass out and come up with us mate . this is my annual trip mate great mans country just with the boys we have a ball and always get a handfull of barra .we kept one one year and it had a red claw in its guts . current has came on hard up here lots of jackets to man
    Cheers Craig
    Last edited by crab man; 13-08-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Fishermen Spelling

nothing wrong with jackets if you know how to land them. Top tucker in my books compared to pearl perch any day.

Landing them in a fish trap 300kg at a time is no prob mate , catching fish that actually pay the bills around them is where the problem lies !! haha toothy mother ####ers !!
    Good on the chew though bugger we never get more then a couple of dollors back for them
    Craig

Bondy mate, you let me down.
    I checked my pots this morning and got 45. Only 9 keepers( over 25cm).
    through a lot back. Goin back early tomorrow.

Bondy mate, you let me down.
    I checked my pots this morning and got 45. Only 9 keepers( over 25cm).
    through a lot back. Goin back early tomorrow.

Pero,

You must have went to spot X like everyone else does , got to have spots left sacred . Heavy rain would have scattered them.

You should be able to pick up 60 of the claws tomorrow

Replaced gasket number 7 today and now tappet cover gasket went, lost 2 litres of oil . Might be a Wednesday job.

Gee Hows ya luck bondy , maybe you should trade it in on a skate board mate less moving parts haha

Quote Originally Posted by crab man View Post
    Gee Hows ya luck bondy , maybe you should trade it in on a skate board mate less moving parts haha
    Nah, bring back the flinstone rock and Tyranasaurus. dont need brakes or tyres too.

Some mongrel put sand in the other motor, the aholes

I'll be placing some pots in Wivenhoe Dam next Tuesday and let you know if any caught.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    I'll be placing some pots in Wivenhoe Dam next Tuesday and let you know if any caught.
    I'll be throwing some castnets in the Burnett and let you know if anything caught

I'll be throwing some castnets in the Burnett and let you know if anything caught
    Pero, Burnett would be warmer than Wivenhoe , I'll be in calmer waters. I hear the Burnett can be a ripper .

I'll let you know how Wivenhoe goes, unfortunately only daytime , cant leave these ones overnight.

Cheers, Peter

I will have pots in Wivenhoe tonight

Good for you pinhead, its a big area I hope you manage to find some

I am going to North Pine tomorrow to catch Peter's secret stash of redclaw.