Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cairns wind

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Re: Cairns wind

A few boats got out today and if it holds, tomorrow may be OK. Not a breath of wind right now.

OK Just thought I would stir the pot a bit!!

Dont forget last August we had a bout 3 fantastic windows of 2 days at least Dont remember them being mill pond like Moffys great pics but they were beautiful days anyway. I will always remember that August for two Saturday arvo trips that produced fantastic catches of reds and large mouth.

First arvo was me and my girl, and the second was with the starry eyed group holding fish while still blown away from a 2 hour session to remember. All in August last year. The bloke with the big red is Garry Smith who co hosts Fishtalk on the ABC.

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by whiteman View Post
    A few boats got out today and if it holds, tomorrow may be OK. Not a breath of wind right now.
    Still breathing out at the reef though

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Got out to the Palms this morning. Conditions good but fish not co-operating. Slackest of tides. The motor needed a run and still trying to fine tune the new Furuno sounder.

I'm watching a very small window on Thursday, won't be calm but will be better than it been for weeks. Fingers crossed.

Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

Looks like Thursdays window is closing fast, but mid next week is looking good at this stage.

Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by megafish71 View Post
    Looks like Thursdays window is closing fast, but mid next week is looking good at this stage.

Ron
    I think I can feel a stomach bug coming on next tuesday I think.

Pazz

Yep lookin like a good dip If Only! hey Pazz do you get out mid week?

I actually bought a piece of large mouth yesterday! Just enough for me and the girl, $14.50 One side fillet ! Painful! for a pan full
    makes you realise how many thousands of dollar worth of fish you eaten over the years, raised 4 kids on it as well

John

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Yep lookin like a good dip If Only! hey Pazz do you get out mid week?

I actually bought a piece of large mouth yesterday! Just enough for me and the girl, $14.50 One side fillet ! Painful! for a pan full
    makes you realise how many thousands of dollar worth of fish you eaten over the years, raised 4 kids on it as well

John
    Hey John

Na, I don't get out mid-week very often due to my job commitments (but I'd love to go more) and the old man job doesn't allow him either. On the rare occassion we go. The in-laws in innisfail go mid week as they can get away from their business so I might venture down that way. But i'd like to get myself a job were I can get out more tho, that would be great. One day i keep telling myself I might get there.

Jesus they don't miss you do they. I cooked up a feed of saltwater barra last night from a recent trip away and it was ok. Nothin on a nice red or trout. But still beats buying it.

At one stage there when my old man was crook we were eating fish 3-4 times a week for about 6 months. God we must have went through some trout. Still when we have fish we'd eat 2 feeds at least a week by 3 families that's 6 feeds a week. We go through plenty of fish. But it's never wasted.

Pazz

i was looking at going tomorrow night and back in by midday, friday dont look good so may look at next week, its lookin good so far.
    this time of year i can pull a friday but during the week is hard.

I hear there is a flu epidemic making it's way here, due about Tues. next week. Probably will affect hundreds of people, water therapy may be the only cure.
    Frank

Bloody hell, I wish seabreeze would get it's S&*t together. The last few days the forecast for next week has been good at 3pm and then crap at 9am the next morning. What is with that?

My hopes go up at 3pm and then sink again at 9am the next morning. It's killing me.

Pazz

I hear ya Pazz - i tend to have a look at the chart myself and get a better picture of whether its likely to be calm or not - Seabreeze has made a lot of calls this current rough spell where it was supposed to be calm down the track but turned out staying rough as guts.......

Spent the night on the reef last night and it wasn't too bad, a little choppy and got better through today

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor2 View Post
    Spent the night on the reef last night and it wasn't too bad, a little choppy and got better through today
    Did you catch many? Reports?

Pazz