Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Cairns wind

Re: Cairns wind

yep the weather finally looks the goods..

will be heading out a bit wider mon / tues...

will post pics.

cheers.

got out today...almost glassy...didn't catch much either...they were pretty keen before lunch but were almost non existant after that until evening...no trout but some bloody decent trevers to provide us with entertainment...lost six spaniards...fark it lol

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Hey anyone catchin' some with these light winds? I'm back at work unfortunately and won't be able to get out til Monday. I've only heard a couple of reports from guys who haven't done very well at all.

Went out Monday night but was so poor that I was just going to hide! caught 5 spangled emporer, and a couple of smaller gold spot cod, and assorted smaller reefies, but no large mouth or red emporer. No trout in morning. One big tea leaf trever.

very poor. I was told Peter Todd from Aqua Cat said the fish just dissapeared when the rainy weather started up again last week.

Cheers
    John

Jesus John that's no good.

Did that storm come through on Monday and give you a touch up? It was howling out there when I checked seabreeze. Where abouts did you head?

I'm thinking about Saturday but if the fish have died off I'm not sure it's worth it.

Pazz

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    Jesus John that's no good.

Did that storm come through on Monday and give you a touch up? It was howling out there when I checked seabreeze. Where abouts did you head?

I'm thinking about Saturday but if the fish have died off I'm not sure it's worth it.

Pazz
    Yep it rained a bit from 1 am but no real serious wind. May have gotten to 15 knts at one point but was only about 5 at daylight

John

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

geez that's no good. though I feel a little better for being stuck at work. Maybe they'll kick back into gear before the new moon on tuesday. The spaniards should pick up at least

Came up last week to fish out of Russell heads with my brother, fished the strong wind warning on Wed and Friday and then overnight on Sat night. Wed was 10 knots by lunch time, friday was shite all day and came back through a flooded river to find the ramp well under water after 300mm of rain.

Sat and Sunday were awesome days weather wise but we got smashed hard by sharks everywhere we fished, just kept moving to try and avoid them but no joy. Had some awesome fun with vermin though; massive cod, GTs and cudas. Only got 20 trout for the 3 trips and 4 macks and a few other of the usuals. Nearly all of the trout were caught in the morning also and then nothing in the arvo. Some esky pics of 2 of the trips.

Yep Good mixed bag . Well done

Were you on hols and did you bring up your boat?

Only had a week off, so I flew up. My oldies live near Babinda so we used the old mans boat, 5.8m fisher in the avatar, he was too crook to come out this time unfortunately.

Good on you. I came from chinchilla originally. been up here 24 yrs now. Hope your dad gets well soon
    Cheers

Thanks Odes20, my brother is taking him out tommorrow for his first trip this year, as he reckons he's up to it and the waethers meant to be good, apparently........

Contemplating going tonight. Wind is down at the moment, but the rain around I'm not sure. Have to fish the deep tonight with the hot weather about. Will be out in the 75m+ range.

Pazz

was going out tonight, but mate has decided to give it a miss, some good storms went through late last night so acting like a lightining rod in the middle of the night in the middle of the ocean isn't too good a prospect. Storms also kicked up the wind up to 25 knots out at davies

looking good, might take the kids out on sunday, iv been promising to take them for a long time now.