Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cairns wind

Re: Cairns wind

Hey fellas wondering who the go to guy is for fiberglass work in cairns? Anyone in particular stand out for good work and decent price. My floor is spongy on left side and has been for a while hopefully it will last till next winter just wanna start getting organized I'm hoping like hell stringers are ok I guess floor Gunna cost 2k plus anyone know rough prices this is for a Haines v17.

Cheers

12082011046.jpg12082011047.jpg12082011048.jpg12082011049.jpg12082011050.jpg

Haines V16C. cut out old stuff, which had been replaced before. 16mm marine ply from Bunnings ( damaged cnr on bottom of stack ) $60, water proofed edges and under floor, can't remember the name of sealant but is still in shed. $30. Sealer around stainless screws and screwed it direct to the stringers. If it stuffs up in 1-10 years, just wack anothry in. Sanitry grade around edges and Bob's ya Uncle.

Depends on your stringers as well. Mine where all good as is transom.
    Last edited by Gon Fishun; 25-07-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Added

Hey do you think you're a chance to do it yourself ? Having done several complete underfloor reconstructions and about 5 transoms, I could certainly give you some guidance if interested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daintreediver View Post
    Hey fellas wondering who the go to guy is for fiberglass work in cairns? Anyone in particular stand out for good work and decent price. My floor is spongy on left side and has been for a while hopefully it will last till next winter just wanna start getting organized I'm hoping like hell stringers are ok I guess floor Gunna cost 2k plus anyone know rough prices this is for a Haines v17.

Cheers
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Hey odes and gun fishin cheers for the reply. Nar I wouldn't even attempt something like this myself as Im the least handiest person you ever met and as simple as it sounds I'm sure I could find a way to stuff it. Rather pay someone who does this for a living as my boat is pretty much my 3rd child to me lol. Ive had a pm with a contact and my old man is trying to remember who did his floor on his 600r a few years ago he did a good job some lad from cairns.

Hey DDiver empty your Private message box as I cant get my reply back to you

Cheers!
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

I'd also be keen to come and give you a hand if Someone with some experience is there to help. I'm pretty handy and will be giving this a crack after I referb my cabin area.
    I work away so prolly won't be when I'm home.
    I'd be keen to come for a spear one day tho? Or come out with me whilst yours is in the shop?

Hey odes cleared messages didn't realize you can only have 5 stored on this site. Hey Matt cheers for offer i think i might just pay someone though. yer we can arrange a dive for sure sometime come October onwards should be plenty of opportunities

P1010005.jpg

Hey fellas first attempt at posting picture on here hope it works. Last weekends catch one trout was left at in the bottom of the esky and found later it missed the pic.

cheers

Attachment doesn't work mate.

Pazz

Cheers Paz I'm outta luck not sure how to fix it on mine it works when I click on it?

Yeah not working for me either Daintree - might be a file name issue?

Hey you mentioned somewhere i saw (another forum maybe) about having some video of diving some of the wrecks out off home - can't remember if it was black rock or snapper wreck - would absolutely love to see that mate if you still have it.

Moffy

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    God this kills me to here this. If I didn't get frigged around I could have got out amongst them. This time of the year is awesome.

Hey Shafter do you fish out of there much? What areas do you usually go?

Cheers
    Paz

Hey Paz

Bit of a late reply, I'm still trying to figure out how to get around on this site.
    It's been a while between fish for me but I'm back a ready to get stuck into them.
    I usually fish out of Cairns, mainly bottom fish out wide at night.
    Thinking about looking for new ground south of Cairns, would also like to hit the Cooktown area, my cousin gets plenty of reds up there in the daytime.
    I'm just waiting for new boat to be returned.

So what area do you fish and do you chase reds, trout or pelagics.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffy View Post
    Yeah not working for me either Daintree - might be a file name issue?

Hey you mentioned somewhere i saw (another forum maybe) about having some video of diving some of the wrecks out off home - can't remember if it was black rock or snapper wreck - would absolutely love to see that mate if you still have it.

Moffy

Hi moffy are you the guy that bought my old mans boat years ago? That was an awesome boat to dive out of such low sides. Yer I have some video footage of us spearing the snapper wreck was taken with my digital camera set on video mode so quality is nothing like these new go pro cameras everyone has. It's still pretty cool though you can clearly see the trawler and all the ropes and shit on it must be about a thousand people who have lost anchors!!!
    At the very end you can see a large fingermark out in the gloom. Wish I had a gopro with me over the years I have speared on a lot of the wrecks here most are intact one is severely broken up. My brother has just recently got a gopro we haven't even used it yet but should be able to get some good footage of these wrecks.

I have no idea how to post it on here as you can see I'm technically handicapped and struggle to get a picture on here. If your ever in mossman feel free to come around and have a look or if you can think of a easier way to get it to you let me know.

Cheers andrew

Hey mate

Out of Cairns I usually fish around Finn and the Euston light during the day time for trout and reds. And occasionally we head north to Batt and Tongue for Reds as well.

When I go with the father in law out off Innisfail we usually hit wardle and gilbey reefs. Picked up a few good reds and trout, but like most places you have got to work for them. Also the father in law doesn't like being told what to do so that impacts on the fishing as well.

My old man grew up in Cooktown and has told me plenty of stories of fishing out off Cairns reef up there for reds and trout.

Its getting harder and harder out here off Cairns, there is just so many boats here now.

Pazz

Andrew,

No didn't buy it off your dad but my brother bought it off the guy who did and funnily enough i have it now - I've been rebuilding it over the last couple of years - it saw a lot of action in Weipa but not the maintenance it needed - its nearly back on the water (am about to repaint the hull) and I'm looking forward to getting back out and fishing in it off home (grew up in Mossman and went to school/uni with Bunny.) Hopefully it will be good for another 20 years once I'm done.

where Bunny's toes are against the sides in this video - i tapped it lightly with a screw driver to see what condition it was in - went straight through...........

the repair job got a little bit bigger than i thought (and it went a little further than this pic shows)
    12082008(2).jpg

But all coming together (and hopefully be back like these first two photos soon).
    Wooden Boat 2.jpgWooden Boat.jpg16082010(001).jpg31072010.jpg

Moffy.

Picture of your fish is working now - nice haul.