Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cairns wind

Re: Cairns wind

No sorry mate they don't work when I try

OK Try this
    I got out twice last week. Took missus out Tuesday and worked hard for 6 trout and assorted, incl only 1 shark mack on a livie.

Did weds night as well and got 27 good fish incl 12 red emporer/large mouth and went Yesterday morn to wrecks and trolled up 3 nice macks 14, 16, 18 lb
    Cuplu pics below

Cheers
    John

"let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Yep - those ones worked John.. NICE WORK!!

hal la looya...finally

I hope you didn't jinx everyone by posting that forecast. I'm visiting Cairns (tomorrow through Friday) and am planning on a half day charter on Thursday......!!!

Perfectly timed!
    Have been working out of country for the past 3 weeks and get home tomorrow ..bring on the trout .
    Freezer has looked a liitle bare lately!

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by fnq joey View Post
    Perfectly timed!

Freezer has looked a liitle bare lately!

cheers.
    I'll second that - can't even remember what trout tastes like at the moment. But that will change this weekend hopefully!!! missus heads south at 10:30 saturday, and I will be off to the ramp at 11:00!!

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Not too upset at having to work the weekend. Looks like the wind hasn't behaved as well as some would have hoped. Blowing 20knots early arvo and no doubt the ramps will be packed to add insult to injury! Good weather getting closer though...

Any reports from this weekend? I fished Grafton Passage Thursday night. Was slow to begin with. Actually got a bit sick with the ground swell rolling through but sat it out and got stuck into small mouths and spangled. They were balled up on the sounder over a pinnacle, we got one each per drift until the anchor went in, and then it was game on! Caught as many as we wanted for a couple of hours and left them biting. Took some finding though Was a bit disapointed as we were hoping for some reds and large mouth. Not to mention the size was a little lacking with nothing over 3kg. We fished the same spots a couple of weeks ago and didn't get much below that size, two reds and alot of large mouth. Its always perplexing how quickly things can change?? Heard the trout were on this morning also...anyone have a go at them?

Got out on Saturday for a dozen trout before the wind came up. Was pretty slow tho, most had row in them.

Pazz

mini-mini-051.JPG

Got out Friday night and did pretty well with Large Mouth, Longnose Emp and Jacks. Great weather too.

Quote Originally Posted by scuttlebutt View Post
    mini-mini-051.JPG

Got out Friday night and did pretty well with Large Mouth, Longnose Emp and Jacks. Great weather too.
    Good all round catch !
    I havent caught long nose at night for ages. Went out recently to my red and LM nanny haunts and got zip
    Was greatly dissapointed but got a nice set of a dozen trout first thing in the morn

Down southern western QLD at present for a week catchin yellowbelly in the Condamine. Its fun

Cheers

JOhn
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Nice Haul there Steve!! I'd say you had the best of the weather on the weekend as well. Went out Saturday and got a few trout before the Northerly strengthened - after that it was very slow going and ordinary conditions to boot.

Moffy

thanks guys yeah looking at the wind we really nailed it. 30knots out on Friday arvo and 30knots back on Sat morning. Was nice to get a good trip in the new boat. It's only got wet three times since May!!

got out on saturday morning two weeks ago (wasn't 30 knots tho!) and got three nice macks, dropped another 6 unfortunately!! just not that lucky a day, but got about 16kg of fillets, so all good, deckie and i were very happy.